This certificate program provides the foundation in leadership principles and musical practices needed to reach the church community at large. The theological depth of this program will enable students to lead in ministry and produce appropriate service design at the highest level.
- Discover personal ministry values
- Discover and explore positive results of strategic service design
- Develop long-term ministry relationships that develop at the local church level
- Foster and strengthen involvement in leading or participating in local church worship arts programs
- Three (3) online, five (5) week courses
- 9 credit hour program
Dr. Tom Matrone
MUSC/MUSA 296 Worship Leadership (3 credit hours)
- Discover what the Bible says about worship.
- Learn the foundation of worship ministry.
- Understand timeless principles of worship.
MUSC/MUSA 423 Administration in Creative Arts Worship (3 credit hours)
- Learn ministerial purposes, principles, and methodology of musical units commonly found in church programs.
- Study procedures for successful management of music ministries, including children, youth and adults.
- Develop a framework for church staff relationships, responsibilities, and privileges.
MUSC/MUSA 424 Church Music History Survey/Hymnology (3 credit hours)
- Learn musical traditions, including of the temple, the early church, the Pentecostal revival, and the charismatic renewal.
- Study the philosophical and theological rationale behind the tradition of hymn singing in the church.
- Study the syntactical structure of hymnody, a study of hymnody from the historical, musical, and theological point of view, as well as practical approaches to the use of the hymnal topical, metrical, melodic, composer/author, Scriptural, and theological
$65 per credit hour
$585 program total