Evangel University student earns first place at Great Plains Conference
June 12, 2013 | Valorie Coleman
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Evangel University senior Kayla Jordan presented the results of two research studies at the Great Plains Undergraduate Psychology Convention held last spring at Creighton University in Omaha, Neb.
Jordan’s project was funded by Psi Chi, the national honor society for psychology. Her presentation examined the role of apologies and perspective taking on forgiveness. She earned a first place award in the social psychology studies in her group.
Jordan, a double major in psychology and history, is from Ripley, Tenn. Her Evangel sponsor was Dr. Geoffrey Sutton, professor of psychology.
The following people from Evangel also attended the conference:
- Kevin Qualls, adjunct professor of behavioral sciences
- Braden Hayse, senior psychology major from Mt. Vernon, Ill.
- Jennifer Falchook, junior psychology major from Garrison N.Y.
- Alexandria Sanchez, junior psychology major from Victorville, Calif.
- Brittany Johnson, junior psychology major from Omaha, Neb.
- Nicholas Schollars, junior psychology major from Bismarck, N.D.
For more information, contact Dr. Geoffrey Sutton at (417) 865-2811, ext. 8615.