Tori Helton to present senior clarinet recital on Friday, April 22

Published on Apr 18, 2016 by Mallory Johnson

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Tori Helton will perform her senior clarinet recital on Friday, April 22, at 7:00 p.m. in the Barnett Fine Arts Center at Evangel University.

Admission is free, and the public is invited to attend.

Helton will be accompanied during her recital by Dr. Linda Ligate, professor of piano, as well as a duet with Dr. Sheri Slater, adjunct clarinet professor.

“I have been looking forward to my senior recital ever since I was a freshman,” Helton said. “I’m excited to get to share the music I’ve been preparing with family and friends, and I’m also excited to perform a duet with my clarinet professor, Dr. Slater. She has been a mentor and encourager to me during my time here, and I admire her so much!”

Program

• “Premiere Rhapsodie,” by Claude Debussy
  • “Three Pieces for Clarinet,” by Igor Stravinsky
  • “Concerto for Two Clarinets, Op. 35,” by Franz Krommer
  • “Grand Duo Concertant,” by Carl Maria von Weber

A music education major at Evangel, Helton is a native of Sioux City, Iowa, and is the daughter of Johnny and Angie Helton. She plans to get a job teaching elementary music or middle school band, upon graduation in May.

The Department of Music at Evangel University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music. Courses and degree plans are designed to satisfy requirements of these accrediting agencies.

For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.