Evangel University hosts ninth annual Student Leadership Forum
September 13, 2013 | Valorie Coleman
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Department of Social Sciences will host the institution’s ninth annual Student Leadership Forum on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The forum will include a question-and-answer session with Dr. Carol Taylor, president-elect and CEO. Seven breakout sessions and one general session will cover numerous leadership topics. The event is open to all Evangel students and requires no admission fee.
“This is a great chance to hear from leaders who can provide students with insights about the primary areas of involvement on the Evangel University campus,” said Dr. Jon Spence, director of undergraduate leadership studies. “Our goal is to equip students with practical support through the workshops and to reinforce a network of resources as they lead in the various sectors of campus.”
Faculty and staff will discuss the following topics:
- Dr. Bryan Sanders, social sciences department chair – Managing conflicts between individuals
- Steve and Janet Gause, former EU residence hall directors – Leading in residence life
- Christy Rowden, student activities director – Leadership and influence in campus organizations
- John Plake, campus pastor – Spiritual leadership among peers
- Lacey Nunnally, social work program director – Leading in the community and maximizing college experiences for career launch
- Dr. Jon Spence, director of undergraduate leadership studies – Maximizing influence through the power of synergy
Evangel’s Department of Social Sciences offers a seven-credit Leadership Scholars program and an 18-credit academic minor in leadership. This minor may augment any major offered by the university.
For more information, contact Dr. Jon Spence at (417) 865-2811, ext. 8220.