SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Vocalist Christina Beatie will perform her senior recital at Evangel University on Friday, April 17, at 5:30 p.m. The performance will be in the Barnett Fine Arts Center Recital Hall.
Admission is free, and the public is invited to attend.
A native of Aurora, Mo., Beatie has studied voice since the 8th grade. She is a two-time winner of National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) vocal competitions, and she performs regularly with the Messiah Project and the Springfield Regional Opera.
Beatie will graduate on May 1 from Evangel with a degree in Music Education.
Beatie will perform two vocal duets with her sister, sophomore Juliana Beatie; a vocal duet with senior Desy Harmon of Strafford, Mo.; and a duet with senior Desiree Bonitz of York, Pa., on violin.
Evangel alumna Carol Wilson will accompany Beatie for the recital.
- “There the Brisk Sparkling Nectar,” by Georg Frideric Handel
The Choice of Hercules
- “Laudate Dominum,” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Vesparae Solennes de Confessore
- “Vergebliches Standchen,” by Johannes Brahms
- “Immer Leiser Wird Mein Kummer, ” by Johannes Brahms
- “Die Mainacht,” by Johannes Brahms
- “Pres des Rempart De Seville,” by Georges Bizet
- “O Quand Je Dors,” by Franz Liszt
- “Ah, Love, But A Day!,” by Amy Beach
- “St. Ita’s Vision”
- “Monk and His Cat,” by Samuel Barber
The Hermit Songs
- “Cruda Sorte,” by Gioacchino Rossini
L’Italiana in Algeri
- “Abendlied,” by Felix Mendelssohn
- “Cat Duet,” by Gioacchino Rossini
- “All I Ask of You,” by Andrew Lloyd Weber
Phantom of the Opera