Dual Enrollment Application & Requirements - Evangel University be_ixf;ym_202210 d_03; ct_50

You Are Here:

Dual Enrollment Application & Requirements

Dual Enrollment Application and Requirements

Earn college credit in high school

Get a head start on college with Evangel University’s Concurrent Enrollment Program. Courses are only $65 per credit hour. Lab fees may apply.

  • Online courses are 8 to 15 weeks.
  • Students in the Springfield and surrounding area can also apply to take concurrent courses on campus.
  • Applicants are required to have a 3.0 high school GPA or higher. High school counselor certification is required.
  • Students can enroll in up to two courses per term as a high school junior or senior.

Some high schools may apply credit for courses successfully completed at Evangel to high school graduation requirements. Check with your high school counselor for details.

For more information, contact Judy Peebles at peeblesj@evangel.edu or 417.865.2815, ext. 7346.

Spring Dual Enrollment Course Lists Coming Soon! Please check back on October 15.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is dual enrollment?

Dual enrollment is when a high school student takes Evangel University courses for college credit while still enrolled in high school.

What courses are offered for dual enrollment?

Students can enroll in up to two courses per term as a high school junior or senior. Courses are selected from the course selection list on the enrollment application.

How do I enroll?

Click “Apply” on the top banner of this page, and “sign up” to create an application account.  When you start your application, please select “Dual Enrollment” from the drop-down menu.  Complete the application, including the name of your high school counselor (home school parent) and his/her email address.  Once you are accepted, email instructions will guide you to set up your Evangel account, select your classes, and make your payment.

How many classes can I take per semester?

You can enroll in up to two courses per semester.

What if I am home schooled?

We love home schooled students and welcome you to apply. You must be a minimum of 16 years old and in 11th grade.

Can I apply for financial aid or scholarships?

Only degree seeking students, admitted to our undergraduate program, can receive financial assistance. Courses are extremely affordable at only $65 per credit hour.

Do I have to come to the Springfield, Missouri campus for my classes?

No. Evangel University currently offers six online classes. Evangel uses Canvas, a web based learning and delivery platform. Bulletin boards, chat features, and email within Canvas allows students to communicate with classmates and professors.

What services are available to dual enrollment students?

Dual enrolled students have access to our bookstore, library, and Student Success Center support.

Will I receive a grade in my courses?

Yes. You will be enrolled and participate in the same way as traditional Evangel students. Students registered in a dual enrollment class will also receive a regular college transcript. Students can obtain transcripts from the National Student Clearinghouse to be sent to their high school or institution of their choice: https://tsorder.studentclearinghouse.org/school/select

What can I do with these credits?

Credits earned under the Evangel dual enrollment program can be applied to a degree at Evangel University or transferred to any regionally accredited institution. You should always check with your destination college concerning specific transferability and grade requirements.

What if I need to withdraw/drop a dual credit course?

First, discuss your situation with your professor. He/she may be able to help you with whatever challenge you are facing. Dual enrollment students are subject to the same drop/add/withdraw procedures as any other student. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 417.865.2815 for more information.

What is my student status?

Dual enrollment students are classified as non-degree seeking students. All policies and procedures that exist for other Evangel non-degree seeking students apply to dual enrollment students, as well.

Is there a difference between dual enrollment and early admissions?

Yes. The dual enrollment program offers students the opportunity to supplement their high school classes with college level courses for credit. Dual enrolled students will still need to complete the regular application for admission. You can apply at the conclusion of your junior year in high school.


Registration Checklist Instructions

Get More Info
Call 417-268-1000