SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Department of Communication has announced its 2016 graduation awards.
The awards were given during the baccalaureate service on Thursday, May 5, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The following awards were presented:
- Outstanding Graduate in Journalism — Andrew Hurst from Springfield, Mo.
- Outstanding Graduate in Broadcasting — Katelyn Dennis from Sweetwater, Tenn.
- Outstanding Graduate in Film — Michael Muench from New Berlin, Ill..
- Outstanding Graduate in Digital Arts — Rachel Boyd from Shakopee, Minn.
- Outstanding Graduate in Communication Studies — Aria Morton from Springfield, Mo..
- Outstanding Graduate in Advertising & Public Relations — Hannah Beers from Steelville, Mo.
- Outstanding Academic Acheivement — Jill Marler from Mammoth Spring, Ariz. and Lyndsey Hammons from Pittsfield, Ill.
- The Carl G. Conners Journalism Honors Award — Whitley Mumm from Perth, Australia
Evangel University and its seminary saw a total of 625 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees conferred this spring in two graduation ceremonies.
The 58th annual Commencement ceremony for Evangel was held on Friday, May 6, at the James River Church. More than 4,000 family and friends celebrated 569 graduates earning 424 bachelor’s, 108 master’s and 37 associate’s degrees, 31 of which are from EU’s James River Leadership Campus.
In addition, the 43rd annual Commencement for the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary was held on Saturday, May 7, in the Spence Chapel. There were 55 degrees conferred, of which 37 are master’s and 18 are doctoral degrees.
Evangel University, with the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, is a comprehensive Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the church and society globally. Evangel and AGTS serve more than 2,100 students from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries, offering 65 undergraduate majors and 17 master’s and doctoral degrees.
For more information, visit: www.evangel.edu