SPRINGFIELD, Mo. –Evangel University is one of 16 private liberal arts colleges and universities in Missouri that will benefit from a $10,000 scholarship grant recently provided to the Missouri Colleges Fund by the George Reidel Foundation.
“Evangel University is grateful to be among the recipients of this generous gift to higher education,” said Dr. Carol Taylor, president-elect and CEO of Evangel University. “Many students would not be able to attend college without the assistance of scholarships, and we are indebted to the George Reidel Foundation for providing resources to educate the workforce of tomorrow.”
MCF was formed in 1952 as a partnership of private enterprise and member independent colleges and universities in the Show-Me state.
Missouri Colleges Fund member schools include the following:
- Avila University and Rockhurst University, Kansas City
- Central Methodist University, Fayette
- Columbia College, Columbia
- Culver-Stockton College, Canton
- Drury University and Evangel University, Springfield
- Fontbonne University, Maryville University and Missouri Baptist University, St. Louis
- Hannibal-LaGrange College, Hannibal
- Park University, Parkville
- Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar
- Westminster College and William Woods University, Fulton
- William Jewell College, Liberty
More information about the Missouri Colleges Fund can be found online at www.mocollegesfund.org or by calling Mike Backer, MCF president, at (573) 893-3818.