SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Graduate student Robin Silva will perform her second clarinet recital at 7:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 19, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
Silva’s performance will include the following pieces:
- Grand Duo Concertant for Clarinet and Piano, by Maria von Weber
- Forme de Habanera for Clarinet and Piano, by Maurice Ravel
- Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Opus 120 for Clarinet and Piano, by Johannes Brahms
- Shepherd on the Rock for Clarinet, Soprano and Piano, by Franz Schubert
- Four Short Pieces for Clarinet and Piano, by Howard Ferguson
- Four Short Pieces for Clarinet and Piano (Reprise), by Howard Ferguson
Jonathan Raney, professional pianist and teacher in the greater Springfield area, will accompany Silva on the piano. Susan Smith, associate music professor at Evangel, will be featured in Shepherd on the Rock for Clarinet, Soprano, and Piano, and Michael Silva, former Evangel student and son, will accompany Silva for the reprise of Four Short Pieces.
Silva is pursuing a master’s degree in music performance at Evangel University. Originally from Bath, New York, Silva currently lives in Nixa, Mo. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in music education at the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
Silva and her husband, Michael, served in Belgium for several years as Assemblies of God missionaries and are currently serving with HealthCare Ministries. Their son, Michael, graduated from Evangel in 2005, and their son, Mark, is a junior at Evangel.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.