The Department of Theology & Global Church Ministries at Evangel University has announced its 2018 graduation awards. The awards were given during the Baccalaureate service Thursday, May 3, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The department houses the undergraduate programs of Evangel’s embedded seminary. Students have the benefit of enhanced ministerial education in a variety of traditional, hybrid and accelerated formats, all the way from bachelor’s to doctoral degrees in Bible and Theology, Ministry, Missiology, Philosophy and Intercultural Studies.
The following awards were presented:
W.I. Evans Outstanding Graduate Award
- Hannah Starr from Toledo, Ohio
Twila Brown Edwards Woman of Distinction Award
- Kristina Purshaga Zemskova from Moscow, Russia
Outstanding Graduate in Biblical Languages
- Hannah Starr from Toledo, Ohio
Outstanding Graduate in Biblical Studies
- Wesley Wilson from Toledo, Ohio
Outstanding Graduate in Children’s Ministries
- Austin Day from Wichita, Kansas
Outstanding Graduate in Church Leadership
- Andrea Sherwood from Cincinnati, Ohio
Outstanding Graduate in Intercultural Studies
- Naomi Lampke from Corfu, New York
Outstanding Graduate in Philosophy
- Eric Henningfeld from St. Louis, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in Preaching
- Zachary Stromatt from Waldorf, Maryland
Outstanding Graduate in Youth Ministries
- Heather Dickinson from Park Hills, Missouri
The Class of 2018
Evangel University and its seminary saw 517 degrees conferred this spring at the first joint graduation ceremony May 4, 2018.
The 60th Annual Commencement ceremony for Evangel and the 45th Annual Commencement for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary were held concurrently in the James River Church auditorium in Ozark, Missouri. The two schools were consolidated in 2013.
The speaker was the Rev. Doug Clay, newly-elected general superintendent of the Assemblies of God.
“Graduation is a defining moment,” said Clay. “My prayer is that those graduating would steward well both the investment they’ve made in themselves and their future, as well as the sacrifices made by their loved ones to get them to this point.
“May they realize the tremendous responsibility accompanying this achievement — to remember their greatness is not determined by how many people serve them, but how many people they serve.”
More than 4,000 family and friends from around the world gathered on Friday to celebrate the students.
From Evangel, there were 464 graduates earning 11 doctoral, 335 bachelor’s, 72 master’s and 46 associate’s degrees — of which, 40 were from EU’s James River College campus. From AGTS, there were 53 degrees conferred, of which 24 were doctoral degrees and 29 were master’s degrees.
GRADUATION AWARDS FROM EVANGEL UNIVERSITY by DEPARTMENT
• The College of Adult and Graduate Studies — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/cags-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Business Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/business-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Behavioral & Social Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/behavioral-social-sciences-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Communication Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/communication-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Education Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/education-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Humanities Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/humanities-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Kinesiology Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/kinesiology-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Music Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/music-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Natural & Applied Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/science-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Theology & Global Church Ministries Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/theology-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Assemblies of God Theological Seminary — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/2018-agts-awards-graduation/