Health & Wellness Management are fast growing fields (approx. 13% faster than average according to the Occupational Outlook Handbook). Preventative medicine is a way to improve health outcomes and to reduce healthcare costs by teaching people healthy behaviors and explaining how to use available healthcare service.
With a Health & Wellness minor, students will:
- Comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
- Understand the physiologic processes that regulate human exercise tolerance.
- Design, implement, and evaluate personal wellness and fitness programs.
- Participate in movement and wellness activities.
- Obtain a certificate of their choice in special topics capstone.
- Personal Trainer
- Health coach
- Wellness coordinator
Kevin King, Ph.D, ATC/LAT
Professor, Program Coordinator Exercise Science