FOUNDERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Evangel’s Founders Scholarship students represent some of the best and brightest students on Evangel’s campus. If you’re a high-achieving high school senior, your hard work and dedication to academic excellence could give you the opportunity to receive a scholarship ranging from $13,000 to $25,000, renewable for up to 4 years.*
As a Founders Scholar, you will be challenged academically by our outstanding faculty, encouraged to grow in faith and develop a deep spiritual understanding, and prepared to excel in future careers and graduate studies.
*Note: Founders Scholar Award Recipient Requirements for annual renewal: must be a full-time, traditional undergraduate student attending our main campus; live in an EU residence hall each term the Founders Scholarship is received; and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. This premium merit scholarship may not be combined with other EU tuition discounts (with exception of need-based grants, endowed scholarships and athletic scholarships).
Class of 2020
$21,000 Founders Platinum
Class of 2020
$15,000 Founders Gold
Class of 2022
$13,000 Founders Bronze
- Be an admitted first-time freshman
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Minimum 24 ACT, or 1160 SAT (Reading and Math only), or 76 CLT
- Attend on-campus interview by invitation (December 5-7, 2019 or January 23-25, 2020)
- May 1, 2019 – Apply for Admission Online at evangel.edu/apply
- Sept. 2, 2019 – Founders Application Opens
- Oct. 1, 2019 – File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Nov. 1, 2019 – Apply for Housing and pay Enrollment Deposit (best chance to get into preferred residence hall)
- Nov. 8, 2019– Last day to apply for Founders Scholarship December interviews
- Nov. 15, 2019 – Early Action Deadline for Admissions & Financial Aid
- Dec. 1, 2019 – Last Day to Request Priority Housing
- Dec. 5 – 7, 2019 – Founders Scholarship Days, December Interviews Weekend Schedule
- Dec. 13, 2019 – Last day to apply for Founders Scholarship January interviews
- Jan. 23–25, 2020 – Founders Scholarship Days, January Interviews Weekend Schedule
- March 1, 2020 – Priority Admissions and Financial Aid Deadline
- March 20, 2020 – Fall 2020 Academic Survey Opens for New Students
- April 1, 2020 – Submit required Health Information and Immunization Form
- May 1, 2020 – Enrollment Deposit Due
- June 1, 2020 – Financial Registration Opens
You’ll be invited to campus for a premier two-day program that includes a kickoff event and interview day. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet with your financial aid counselor
- Tour the campus
- Visit with professors
- Audition for a music & fine arts scholarship
- Meet with your admissions counselor
What to Wear
Dress appropriately, presenting yourself at your very best. The Friday evening event is casual. For Saturday, business attire is advised. Suits are recommended, but not required.
Interviews are intended to give information to the Scholarship Awards Committee beyond what is possible on the application. There will also be activities to help the candidate become better acquainted with Evangel University. The Founders Scholarship committee is comprised of faculty members and administrators from Evangel. The selection process is assigned to the Scholarship Awards Committee. After its review of all applications, the committee will select finalists to be given interviews.
- The finalists are required to let the Office of Enrollment Management know if they accept the invitation to interview for a scholarship.
- All invited finalists must be prepared to be on campus for the duration of the interview process. The finalists are asked to notify the Office of Enrollment Management if they need to cancel their interview at least 24 hours in advance.
- Founders Scholarship levels will be awarded based on both the committee’s evaluation of the application material and the interviews.
- Notification to the recipients will be made via email correspondence approximately two weeks after the Interview Day.