FOUNDERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Evangel’s Founders Scholarship students represent some of the best and brightest students on Evangel’s campus. If you’re a high-achieving high school senior, your hard work and dedication to academic excellence could give you the opportunity to receive up to a $27,000 scholarship that is renewable up to 4 years.*
DECEMBER EVENT (On Campus)
Dec. 3-4, 2021
Admission Deadline - Nov. 15, 2021
Interview RSVP Deadline - Nov. 19, 2021
JANUARY EVENT (On Campus)
Jan. 28-29, 2022
Admission Deadline - Jan. 14, 2022
Interview RSVP Deadline - Jan. 18, 2022
FEBRUARY EVENT (Virtual)
Feb. 19, 2022
Admission Deadline - Feb. 4, 2021
Interview RSVP Deadline - Feb. 8, 2022
Class of 2024
$25,000 Founders Platinum
Class of 2024
$15,000 Founders Gold
Class of 2024
$13,000 Founders Bronze
- Be an admitted first-time freshman
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Minimum 24 ACT, or 1160 SAT (Reading and Math only), or 76 CLT
- Attend on-campus interview by invitation
No separate application is required. Individuals with a strong application who meet the academic requirements will be automatically invited to one of the three interviews. Invitees will need to RSVP for the interview using the RSVP link sent by email. Individuals can also RSVP by calling the Office of Admissions at 417.865.2815, ext. 7300. We will begin sending invitations in mid-September.
- Finalists are asked to notify the Office of Enrollment Management if they need to cancel their interview at least 24 hours in advance.
- Founders Scholarship levels will be awarded based on both the committee’s evaluation of the admissions application and interview.
- Notification to the recipients will be made approximately two weeks after the Interview Day.
- May 1, 2021 – Apply for Admission Online at evangel.edu/apply
- Sept. 2021 – Invitation to interview notifications begin mailing in September to qualified admitted students.
- Oct. 1, 2021 – File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Nov. 1, 2021 – Apply for Housing and pay Enrollment Deposit (best chance to get into preferred residence hall)
- Nov. 15, 2021 – Early Action Deadline for Admissions, Financial Aid, and December 3-4 Founders event
- Dec. 1, 2021 – Last Day to Request Priority Housing
- Dec. 3, 2021 – Founders Scholarship Day
- Jan. 14, 2022 – Admission Deadline for January 28-29 Founders event
- Jan. 28-29, 2022 – Founders Scholarship Day
- Feb. 4, 2022 – Admission Deadline for February 18-19 Virtual Founders event
- March 1, 2022 – Priority Admissions and Financial Aid Deadline
- March 12, 2022 – Fall 2021 Academic Survey Opens for New Students
- April 1, 2022 – Submit required Health Information and Immunization Form
- May 1, 2022 – Enrollment Deposit Due
- June 1, 2022 – Financial Registration Opens
Interviews are intended to give information to the Scholarship Awards Committee beyond what is possible on the application. There will also be activities to help the candidate become better acquainted with Evangel University. The Founders Scholarship committee is comprised of faculty members and administrators from Evangel. The selection process is assigned to the Scholarship Awards Committee. After its review of all applications, the committee will select finalists to be given interviews.
*Note: Founders Scholar Award Recipient Requirements for annual renewal: must be a full-time, traditional undergraduate student attending our main campus; live in an EU residence hall each term the Founders Scholarship is received; and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. This premium merit scholarship may not be combined with other EU tuition discounts (with exception of need-based grants, endowed scholarships and athletic scholarships).