Scholarship Guarantee Programs
Evangel University | Springfield, MO
Pell Promise Guarantee Program – 80% to 100% of Tuition
Full Pell – Individuals qualifying for a full Pell Grant are guaranteed scholarships/grants totaling 100% of tuition.
Partial Pell – Individuals qualifying for a partial Pell Grant are guaranteed scholarships/grants totaling 80% of tuition.
- Eligibility is limited to Pell Grant recipients attending full time, in-person classes at the main EU campus and residing in traditional residential housing.
- Available to current students as well as incoming freshmen and transfer students beginning Fall 2023.
How it Works
- File the FAFSA. Include Evangel’s School Code (002463). Deadline: First-year and transfer students must be admitted and file the FAFSA by April 1. Returning students must file their FAFSA by April 1 each year to retain the scholarship guarantee.
- Once all Evangel scholarships and federal/state grants have been awarded, we will award the Pell Promise Grant to gap up to 80% of tuition for those receiving a partial Pell Grant, or up to 100% of tuition for those receiving a full Pell Grant.
Example of 100% tuition for a full Pell Grant student. Tuition for 2023-2024 is $25,922.
- Federal Pell Grant: $6,895
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant: $1,200
- Missouri Access State Grant: $2,000
- EU Academic Scholarship: $10,000
- Sub-Total: $20,095
- Pell Promise Award: $5,827
- Total Scholarships and Grants: $25,922
- Potential funds available to cover fees, room, and board: Federal Direct Student Loan, Parent PLUS Loan, Earned Outside Scholarships, Work Study, Summer Earnings, Evangel’s monthly payment plan.
- The Pell Promise is renewable for up to four academic years, and will be recalculated each year based on the results of the FAFSA and Pell eligibility. The EU Pell Promise award may increase from year to year, but it will never decrease, even if there are changes in the Federal Pell Grant award.
Awards are presented as a sample only and individual amounts may vary.
Public Promise Guarantee Program – $16,095
Get a top-quality private Christian education for what you would pay at a public institution when you attend Evangel University. When you show us your offer of admission to Missouri State University, University of Missouri, University of Arkansas, Oklahoma State University, or University of Oklahoma, we’ll guarantee you receive scholarships totaling at least $16,095. This guarantee will bring your Evangel cost below their average cost.
- Eligibility is open to incoming first-year students planning to attend full-time, in-person classes at the main EU campus.
- Applies only to applicants who are admitted to Evangel and to either Missouri State University, University of Missouri, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, or University of Arkansas beginning the Fall 2023 semester.
- Applicants must be in-state residents of Missouri for Missouri institutions, Oklahoma for Oklahoma Institutions, or Arkansas for the University of Arkansas main campus.
- Applicants who qualify must submit a copy of their letter of acceptance to the main campus of Missouri State University, University of Missouri, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, or University of Arkansas.
How it Works
- The Public Promise Scholarship amount is based on the average annual in-state direct costs at the main campuses of Missouri State University, University of Missouri, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and the University of Arkansas. That average is subtracted from the direct cost of Evangel to calculate the Evangel award. Here’s the math: Our direct cost – their average direct cost = Public Promise Scholarship.
Public Promise Amount for 2023-24: $16,095
- When you have been offered an Evangel scholarship/grant that exceeds the scholarship amount listed above, no additional award will be offered as you have already met the scholarship guarantee amount referenced above.
- The Public Promise Scholarship is renewable for up to four academic years, and will be recalculated each year based on the updated average annual direct costs. The award may increase from year to year, but it will never decrease. Final financial aid offers vary based on individual need and circumstances. Please review your financial aid offers to assist in choosing the right school for your specific situation.