SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — The 10th Annual Men of the Year celebration was held on Aug. 13 by the Springfield Business Journal, and five of the twenty of community leaders honored are connected to Evangel University.
Ron Bogart, Robert Cirtin, Ryan DeBoef, Jeremy Hahn and Charlie Hungerford were among more than 100 nominated for their personal accomplishments in professional and civic capacities, as well as how they influence the success of others, according to the publication.
The Springfield Business Journal is the business news authority for Springfield and southwest Missouri. Recognition events such as 40 Under 40, Most Influential Women and Men of the Year are designed to honor and encourage members of the community.
“Members of the Evangel family are usually well represented among the honorees at SBJ events,” said Paul K. Logsdon, spokesman for the University. “However, five Evangel graduates honored as 2020 Men of the Year is pretty impressive.
“We are proud to honor each one with an alumni spotlight on the EU website.”
The Men of the Year and their Evangel/AGTS stories
• Professor Emeritus Robert Cirtin served as director of the Criminal Justice Program at Evangel for 24 years and has seen his graduates go on to do some pretty amazing things. In fact, there are currently five serving in the U.S. Secret Service, two of which are assigned to the White House. Bob is currently focused on his business, Robert Cirtin Investigations, LLC, which he founded in 1991. He is also a 1980 graduate of CBC.
• Ron Bogart is president of Gold Mechanical, Inc., with more than 130 employees in five states. He and his wife, Nancy, also own a nationwide manufacturing and sales company called Jordan Essentials. Ron earned his bachelor’s degree in business from Evangel in 2007 and his Master of Organizational Leadership in 2011. He has also served as an adjunct professor in Evangel’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
• Ryan DeBoef is a 2002 graduate of Evangel with a double major in public administration and government. He holds a law degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia and serves as chief of staff and assistant to the president for governmental relations at Missouri State University. His alumni spotlight elaborates on how Evangel helped him develop “critical skills that have served me well professionally and personally throughout life.”
• Jeremy Hahn is a 2002 Biblical Studies graduate of Evangel. He currently serves as the executive vice president of Life360 Community Services, where he oversees 130 employees in various outreach programs, and they serve more than 20,000 kids daily in 30 different school districts across rural Missouri. Jeremy is also pastor of the Fairbanks campus of Life360 Church.
• Charlie Hungerford is a 1993 graduate of AGTS, having earned a Master of Arts in Christian Education. He has had a dynamic career and currently serves as the director of admissions for the Springfield campus of Southwest Baptist University, which focuses on nursing and healthcare careers.
Evangel University, with the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS), is a comprehensive Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the church and society globally.
Evangel and AGTS serve more than 2,300 students from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries, offering 65 undergraduate majors and 19 master’s and doctoral degrees.
In addition to our alumni spotlight interviews linked above, The Springfield Business Journal has a feature story on each of the 20 members of the 2020 Men of the Year, and you may be able see them here without a subscription.