SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Symphonic Band will present the 52nd Annual Lawn Concert on Tuesday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. It will be held on the quad, in the center of campus.
The concert is free and open to the public. In the event of rain, the Lawn Concert will be moved to the Spence Chapel at the normal concert time of 6:30 p.m.
Matthew Moore, director of Bands, and Katrina Benecasa, assistant director of bands, will lead the concert.
“The Lawn Concert is a fun chance to honor our senior music majors,” said Moore. “It is a tradition for each senior to take a turn and conduct the very ensemble with which they played during their Evangel career.”
- Victoria Helton, music education major from Sioux City, Iowa
- Joshua Parrish, music education major from Kimberling City, Mo.
- Desy Harmon, music major from Strafford, Mo.
- Michael Borders, divinity, military chaplaincy major from Noblesville, Ind.
- Esther Malone, music industry major from Waynesville, Mo.
- Aaron Parrales, music education major from Houston, Tx.
- “Florentiner March,” by Julius Fucik
- “Whirlwinds,” by Richard L. Saucedo
- “Amazing Grace,” by Frank Ticheli
- “3rd Suite,” by Robert Jager
- “Flashpoint,” by John Moss
- “1st Suite in Eb,” by Gustav Holst
For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.