SPRINGFIELD, MO. – The Evangel University Symphonic Band will present the 53rd Annual Lawn Concert on Monday, April 17, at 6 p.m. It will be held on the quad, in the center of campus.
“The Lawn Concert is one of the oldest traditions at Evangel,” said Matthew Moore, director of bands. “The performance is free and open to the public. We encourage everyone to bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy some great live music!”
In the event of rain, the Lawn Concert will be moved to the Recital Hall in the Barnett Fine Arts Center, located just south of the Spence Chapel, facing Glenstone Ave.
“This concert is a fun chance to honor our senior music majors,” added Moore. “It is a tradition for each senior to take a turn and conduct the very ensemble with which they played during their Evangel career.”
Caleb Sholley, a music technology major from Springdale Ark., will be conducting “Eagle Squadron March;” and Uriah Lee, a music education major from Shiprock, N.M., will be conducting “Be Thou My Vision.”
In addition, Assistant Band Director Darren Eddington will be conducting “Man of Steele.” Eddington is a 2005 graduate of Evangel, and serves the Springfield Public School system as band director at Jarrett Middle School.
- “Quality Plus March” by Fred Jewell, arranged by Robert Longfield
- “Flight of the Thunderbird” by Richard L. Saucedo
- “Be Thou My Vision” arranged by David Gillingham
- “Velocity” by Robert Sheldon
- “Eagle Squadron March” by Kenneth J. Alford, arranged by Mark Rogers
- “Man of Steele” by Hans Zimmer, arranged by Ralph Ford
- “Whirlybird” by Todd Stalter
For more information, visit the Department of Music, or call Kristin DeGarmo at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.