SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Harry Pearson will perform his senior percussion recital at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 10, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
Pearson’s performance will include the following pieces:
- Ballad for the Dance by Saul Goodman, timpani
- Chromatic Fox Trot by George Hamilton Green, xylophone and piano
- Partita for Violin No. 2 in D Minor: Allemande & Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major: Prelude by Johann Sebastian Bach, arranged for marimba by Harry Pearson
- Anasazi by Alice Gomez, marimba
- Hell’s Kitchen, by Myung, Petrucci, Portnoy and Sherinian, drum set
Accompaniment on Chromatic Fox Trot will be provided by Deseree Bonitz, freshman music performance major from Red Lion, Pa.
Band members for Hell’s Kitchen will include the following: James Travis Watson, senior music industry major from San Antonio, Texas, on bass guitar; Christian Pearson, Harry’s younger brother, on electric guitar; and Deseree Bonitz on keyboard.
Pearson, music education major, is the son of Dr. Harry and Karyn Pearson of Ozark, Mo.