SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Art students from Evangel University will premiere their senior art exhibitions in two locations, April 4-5.
Evangel University Art Gallery
This senior exhibit will open from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 4, in the Evangel University Art Gallery. The gallery will be open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The senior art exhibit will open during First Friday Art Walk on Friday, April 5, from 6-10 p.m. in the Bellwether Gallery downtown.
After the downtown opening, the Bellwether will be open by appointment.
Evangel University has partnered with Randy Bacon Photo Studio and Art Gallery, located in the Monarch Art Factory, to showcase its student, faculty and alumni art projects. The gallery is on Main, just south of College.
Both shows will remain open until May 2.
The following senior art majors will be featured:
- Brittney Kelly from Pickford, Mich. – graphic design
- Paul Little from Shreveport, La. – photographic prints
- Beth Norris from Rochester, N.Y. – painting, scenic artistry & sculpture
- Rachel Schmaltz from Muscatine, Iowa – graphic design, sculpture, drawing
- Hannah Schwarz from Moosup, Conn. – ceramics & photography
- April Smith from Farmington, N.M. – graphic design
- Stacy Sheppard from Hermitage, Pa. – graphic design, painting & drawing
- Sarah Svenby from Monument, Colo. – ceramics & photography
In addition, Sarah Svenby will have 10 photographs on display in the foyer of Evangel’s Barnett Fine Arts building as part of her art minor requirements. This is in addition to her senior art exhibition work.
For additional information, contact Stan Maples, professor of art, at (417) 865-2815, ext. 8640.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.