SPRINGFIELD, Missouri – Evangel University’s Theatre program proudly presents “Children of Eden,” a musical with compositions and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and book by John Caird. Showtimes are March 30, April 1, and April 14-15 at 7:30 p.m., and April 2 and 16 at 2 p.m. in Evangel’s Barnett Fine Arts Center. The community is invited to attend.
Ticket prices are $22 for adults (19-59), $15 for senior citizens (60+) and students/children (4-18), and $10 for current EU students with valid I.D. Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/72476 or at the box office.
Production and performers
“Children of Eden” is based on the Book of Genesis and includes loose retellings of the stories of Father, the show’s God character, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and Noah and the flood. The musical examines the themes of generational conflict between parents and children and the difficulty of letting go of loved ones.
“This show is unique and unlike anything we’ve ever done,” said Lori Lawley, instructor of theatre and the show’s co-director. “It contains biblical truths, and the students have worked hard to put together an incredible production and are excited to share it with the community.”
The cast features Evangel students and local youth performers:
- Father – James Reynolds, senior
- Adam – Michael Bryant, sophomore
- Eve – Anna Pratt, senior
- Cain – Dawson Flatness
- Abel – Brandon Bruton
- Seth – Malachi Gorman, junior
- Seth’s Wife – Harmony Husbands, sophomore
- Young Cain – Jerrytt Young
- Young Abel – Eli Oster
- Noah – Ben Paris, senior
- Mama Noah – Emily Jenkins, sophomore
- Japheth – Christian Redding, sophomore
- Ham – Lane Buckingham, junior
- Shem – Clayton Wester, freshman
- Aphra – Mikayla Baker, junior
- Aysha – Peyton Gray, senior
- Yonah – Meghan Galindo, freshman
- Snake – Mikayla Baker, Peyton Gray, Livvie Ingamells, Jolie Smallwood, Emmaline Stinson
- Storytellers – Mikayla Baker, Trinity Brown, Brandon Bruton, Michael Bryant, Lane Buckingham, Jamie Conley, Dawson Flatness, Meghan Galindo, Corrina Givler, Natalie Givler, Malachi Gorman, Chandler Gray, Peyton Gray, Natalie Griffin, Nora Griffin, Harmony Husbands, Livvie Ingamells, Ash Jordan, Emily Jenkins, L.A. Medrano, Grace Munoz, Elena Ortega, Eli Oster, Ben Paris, Anna Pratt, Castle Quinn, Christian Redding, London Redstone, Jolie Smallwood, Emmaline Stinson, Cora Thomas, Clayton Wester, Jerrytt Young
Evangel University, with its embedded Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS), is a comprehensive Spirit-led Christian university located in Springfield, Missouri. It is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Under the leadership of Dr. Mike Rakes, EU is committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the Church and society globally and becoming compassionate innovators in their chosen vocations. EU offers more than 70 degree programs, including cutting-edge majors, pre-professional programs, and affordable and flexible online degree options.
EU is highly regarded and has been ranked:
- US News & World Report Best Colleges Top Performer in Social Mobility
- Colleges of Distinction Best Christian University
- Top 10 Best Universities by AcademicInfluence.com
- Third Most Beautiful Campus in the Midwest by Christian Colleges & Universities
- Top 10 Best Colleges in Missouri by BestColleges.com
With additional accreditations in business, counseling, music, social work, and theology and certification as an Excellence in Giving university, EU is focused on providing students with hands-on experience and real-world training for today’s professional careers. Learn more about the university at evangel.edu.