SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Jordan Walker, senior music education major, will perform his voice recital at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 15, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
Walker will perform this recital as part of his senior vocal certificate requirements. The program is centered around the theme “The Power of Story,” and will be divided into sections that reflect a story narrative. Each of the sections will include musical pieces that support the theme of that particular part of the overall “story.”
Walker’s performance will include the following pieces:
- Bob’s Bedroom – The Old Maid and the Thief, by Gian Carlo Menotti
- The Vagabond – Songs of Travel, by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Bessie Bobtail, by Samuel Barber
- Sorge infausta una procella – Orlando, by George F. Handel
- The Crucifixion – Hermit Songs, by Samuel Barber
- Vergin, tutto amor, by Francesco Durante
- The Monk and His Cat – The Hermit Songs, by Samuel Barber
- Finale Act 1 – Così fan tutte, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- See the Chariot at Hand – Sir John in Love, by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Warm as the Autumn Light – Ballad of Baby Doe, by Douglas Moore
- The Roadside Fire – Songs of Travel, by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- An die Musik, by Franz Schubert
- Le Secret, by Gabriel Fauré
Loss of Love
- Quando ti rivedro, by Stefano Donaudy
- In Dreams – Songs of Travel, by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Alerseelen, by Richard Strauss
- Come Away, Death – Three Shakespeare Songs, by Roger Quilter
- Adieu – Poeme d’un jour, by Gabriel Fauré
- Do Not be Afraid, by Philip Stopford
Jimmy Benecasa (2012 alumnus) and sophomore Desiree Bonitz will provide piano accompaniment, and Kathryn Cole, music instructor, will be conducting. Also performing are seniors Colin Knoth, Caleb Schatz, Ashley Rose, Katrina McCutchen and Katy Johnson.
Walker is the son of Calvin and Shelly Walker of Orange, Texas. After graduation, he plans on returning to Evangel in the fall to student teach and pursue a master’s in music education.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.