SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Joseph Brueckmann will perform his senior tuba recital at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 26, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no cost for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
The recital will feature the following selections:
- Serenade No. 12, composed by Vincent Persichetti
- Six Studies in English Folk Song, composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Suite No. 1(Effie Suite), composed by Alec Wilder
- Concerto in One Movement, composed by Alexander Lebedev
- Concerto, composed by James Woodward
- Sonata for Tuba and Piano, composed by Bruce Broughton
- Sonata No. V in C, composed by Benedetto Marcello
- O Magnum Mysterium, composed by Morten Lauridsen
Jimmy Benecasa, a 2012 alumnus of Evangel, will provide piano accompaniment.
Brueckmann is majoring in music education with an emphasis in tuba and conducting and will graduate in May 2013. After graduation he plans to teach band and pursue a master’s degree in music education with an emphasis in conducting. He would like to eventually obtain his doctorate in conducting.
Brueckman is the son of Joseph Brueckmann and Elizabeth Munoz-Brueckmann. He is from Fullerton, Calif., and Las Vegas, Nev.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.