SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Nina Ayres will perform her senior trumpet/voice recital at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 2, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no cost for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
The recital will feature the following selections on trumpet and cornet:
- G.F. Handel’s Suite in D Major
- Joseph Haydn’s Movement II of Trumpet Concerto
- J.B. Arban’s Variations on a Theme from Norma
- Kent Kenan’s Excerpts of Sonata for Trumpet and Piano
In addition, Ayres will be singing the following pieces:
- Roger Quilter’s Weep You No More
- Roger Quilter’s Love’s Philosophy
- Johannes Brahms’ Vergebliches Standchen
- Amadeus Mozart’s Ridente La Calma
- Antonio Vivaldi’s Domine Fili Unigenite
Dr. Linda Ligate, professor of music at Evangel, will provide piano accompaniment.
Ayres will graduate in May with a bachelor’s degree in music education, dual-certification in vocal and instrumental music. Following graduation, she is planning to obtain a job teaching music in Missouri.
The daughter of David and Rosanna Falch, Ayres hails from De Soto, Mo.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.