The Department of Kinesiology at Evangel University has announced its 2018 graduation awards. The awards were given during the Baccalaureate service Thursday, May 3, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The department offers allied health students the opportunity to learn the art of patient care and injury prevention with degrees in athletic training, occupational therapy and physical therapy.
Other kinesiology students earn majors in exercise science, sport management and physical education (with K-12 certification).
The following awards were presented:
Outstanding Graduate in Allied Health
- Miranda K. Hancock from Bolivar, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in Athletic Training
- Zachary S. Sherman from Rawlins, Wyoming
Outstanding Graduate in Exercise Science—Pre-Physical Therapy
- Brett A. Grelle from Arnold, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in Exercise Science—Personal Training
- Corey S. Murphy from Springfield, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in Sport Management
- Derek M. Roberts from Springfield, Missouri
The John & Cora Irene Holsinger Award for Outstanding Student in Kinesiology
- MaKayla S. Trentham from VanBuren, Arkansas
The Class of 2018
Evangel University and its seminary saw 517 degrees conferred this spring at the first joint graduation ceremony May 4, 2018.
The 60th Annual Commencement ceremony for Evangel and the 45th Annual Commencement for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary were held concurrently in the James River Church auditorium in Ozark, Missouri. The two schools were consolidated in 2013.
The speaker was the Rev. Doug Clay, newly-elected general superintendent of the Assemblies of God.
“Graduation is a defining moment,” said Clay. “My prayer is that those graduating would steward well both the investment they’ve made in themselves and their future, as well as the sacrifices made by their loved ones to get them to this point.
“May they realize the tremendous responsibility accompanying this achievement — to remember their greatness is not determined by how many people serve them, but how many people they serve.”
More than 4,000 family and friends from around the world gathered on Friday to celebrate the students.
From Evangel, there were 464 graduates earning 11 doctoral, 335 bachelor’s, 72 master’s and 46 associate’s degrees — of which, 40 were from EU’s James River College campus. From AGTS, there were 53 degrees conferred, of which 24 were doctoral degrees and 29 were master’s degrees.
GRADUATION AWARDS FROM EVANGEL UNIVERSITY by DEPARTMENT
• The College of Adult and Graduate Studies — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/cags-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Business Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/business-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Behavioral & Social Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/behavioral-social-sciences-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Communication Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/communication-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Education Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/education-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Humanities Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/humanities-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Kinesiology Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/kinesiology-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Music Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/music-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Natural & Applied Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/science-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Theology & Global Church Ministries Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/theology-2018-awards-graduation/
• The Assemblies of God Theological Seminary — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/2018/06/11/2018-agts-awards-graduation/