SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Fine Art & Design Gallery is featuring the works of five senior art majors, now through May 5. The Senior Art Exhibit is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The gallery is located in the Lawrence & Alletha Barnett Fine Arts Center, located just south of the Spence Chapel, facing Glenstone Ave.
“The Senior Art Exhibit is exceptional this year,” said Stan Maples, professor of art. “Their work is both diverse in media and in subject matter. There will be something in this exhibition that should appeal to anyone.”
Maples said that the senior class presented more than 40 pieces of art for review by the faculty.
“We have a full gamut of art being shown — prints, paintings, drawings, sculpture, graphic design, and ceramics,” he said.
Seniors on display
- Katelyn Hammons, an art education major from Pittsfield, Ill.
- Danielle Huver, an art major from Belleville, Ill.
- Marcus Kaufman, an art major from Springfield, Mo.
- Andrea Pace, an art major from Springfield, Mo.
- Katelyn Robinson, an art major from Dolores, Co.
Photos by: Paul K. Logsdon
Evangel offers four art degrees
- The Bachelor of Arts in Art degree program is a well-rounded approach to artistic disciplines, combining art history and various studio areas.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Art Education degree is for the creative art student seeking certification to teach in the K-12 grades.
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts (graphic design track) covers layout design, use of typography, communication and language skills, and appropriate computer skills needed for the graphic design field.
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts (studio track) allows artists to explore and refine their talents in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking or ceramics, and prepare a portfolio of their artwork so that they can be accepted into a graduate school for advanced study.
For additional information, visit the Humanities Department at: https://www.evangel.edu/departments/humanities/about-the-department/ or contact Stan Maples at (417) 865-2815, ext. 7395.