SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Members of the Evangel University chapter of Phi Beta Lambda recently participated in the organization’s annual statewide competitive events, with seven students taking first-place honors.
First, second and third-place winners will be eligible to represent Evangel at PBL’s National Leadership Conference in Nashville, Tenn., June 24-27. Nine students plan to attend the conference.
Since all 50 competitive event categories are sponsored by businesses, the top five winners in all categories have the opportunity to win $1,000 per event at this summer’s national competition.
According to Elizabeth Fletcher, associate professor of business and PBL advisor, students choose to compete in specific events based on advice from faculty and class performance. Team events are used to pair underclassmen with more experienced students and to develop positive competitive experiences.
The following students placed in their respective events.
- Daylea Duvall, senior accounting major from Cabot, Ark.
- Lauren McCreight, senior management major from Springfield, Mo.
Economic Analysis & Decision Making
- Chris Harness, junior computer information systems major from Quincy, Ill.
- Isaac Schook, senior management major from Pahrump, Nev.
- Anastasia Lewis, junior biblical studies major from Springfield, Mo.
Emerging Business Issues
- Josh Whitaker, senior marketing major from Pomona, Kansas
Human Resource Management
- Kelly Goncalves, senior management major from Boca Raton, Fla.
Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Josh Whitaker
Small Business Management Plan
- Danna Lunday, senior nonprofit business and social enterprise major from Fair Grove, Mo.
- Kelly Goncalves
- Anastasia Lewis
- Isaac Shook
- Kaitlyn Reed, junior nonprofit business and social enterprise major from Springfield, Mo.
- Joshua Whitaker
- Kelly Goncalves
For more information, contact Elizabeth Fletcher at (417) 865-2811, ext. 8112.