VALOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Valor Scholars Program seeks to attract students who are not only the best and brightest, but those who demonstrate Christ-centered character. A Valor Scholar exemplifies three essential traits: curiosity, courage, and compassion. Valor Scholars are curious, exercising an open mind and diligent intellect to know God, both inside and outside the classroom. Valor Scholars are courageous, unapologetically Christ-centered in all they do. Valor Scholars are compassionate, with the capacity to care about what God cares about.
If you’re a high-achieving high school senior, your hard work and dedication to academic excellence could give you the opportunity to receive up to a $32,000 scholarship that is renewable up to 4 years.*
To be considered for a Valor Scholars award, please submit your application evangel.edu/apply. Eligible recipients will be invited to attend one of the interview events listed below.
December 1-2, 2023
Admissions Deadline – Nov. 15, 2023
Interview RSVP Deadline – Nov. 17, 2023
January 26-27, 2024
Admissions Deadline – Jan. 12, 2024
Interview RSVP Deadline – Jan. 15, 2024
February 24, 2024
Admissions Deadline – Feb. 2, 2024
Interview RSVP Deadline – Feb. 12, 2024
Valor Scholars Program Presidential Award
Valor Scholars Program Platinum Award
Valor Scholars Program Gold Award
Valor Scholars Program Silver Award
$18,000 – $19,000
Valor Scholars Program Bronze Award
$15,000 – $17,000
- Be an admitted first-time freshman
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Minimum 24 ACT, or 1160 SAT (Reading and Math only), or 79 CLT
- Attend on-campus interview by invitation
No separate application is required. Individuals with a strong application who meet the academic requirements will be automatically invited to one of the three interviews. Invitees will need to RSVP for the interview using the RSVP link sent by email. Individuals can also RSVP by calling the Office of Admissions at 417.268.1000. We will begin sending invitations in mid-September.
- Finalists are asked to notify the Office of Enrollment Management if they need to cancel their interview at least 24 hours in advance.
- Scholarship levels will be awarded based on both the committee’s evaluation of the admissions application and interview.
- Notification to the recipients will be made approximately two weeks after the Interview Day.
- May 1, 2023 – Apply for Admission Online at evangel.edu/apply
- Sept. 2023 – Invitation to interview notifications begin mailing in September to qualified admitted students.
- Nov. 1, 2023 – Apply for Housing and pay Enrollment Deposit (best chance to get into preferred residence hall)
- Nov. 15, 2023 – Early Action Deadline for Admissions, and Financial Aid
- Nov. 15, 2023 – Admission Deadline for December 2-3 event
- Dec. 1-2, 2023 – Scholarship Weekend
- Jan. 1, 2024 – File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Jan. 13, 2024 – Admission Deadline for January 27-28 event
- Jan. 26-27, 2024 – Scholarship Weekend
- Feb. 13, 2024 – Admission Deadline for February 25 event
- Feb. 24, 2024 – Virtual Scholarship Day
- March 1, 2024 – Priority Admissions and Financial Aid Deadline
- May 1, 2024 – Enrollment Deposit Due
- June 1, 2024 – Submit required Health Information and Immunization Form
- June 1, 2024 – Financial Registration Opens
You’ll be invited to campus or to a virtual event for a premier program that includes an interview. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet with your financial aid counselor
- Tour the campus
- Visit with professors
- Audition for a music & fine arts scholarship
- Meet with your admissions counselor
Interviews are intended to give information to the Scholarship Awards Committee beyond what is possible on the application. There will also be activities to help the candidate become better acquainted with Evangel University. The Valor Scholars committee is comprised of faculty members and administrators from Evangel. The selection process is assigned to the Scholarship Awards Committee. After its review of all applications, the committee will select finalists to be given interviews.
*Note: Valor Scholars Award Recipient Requirements for annual renewal: must be a full-time, traditional undergraduate student attending our main campus; live in an EU residence hall each term the Valor Scholars Scholarship is received; and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. This premium merit scholarship may not be combined with other EU tuition discounts (with exception of need-based grants and athletic scholarships).