SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Department of Behavioral & Social Sciences at Evangel University has announced its 2019 graduation awards. The awards were given during the Baccalaureate service Thursday, May 2, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
Generally speaking, students in the Behavioral & Social Sciences Department live out their calling in service to others, finding commonality under the banner of the “helping professions.”
Majors offered include criminal justice, government, history, psychology, social sciences and social work. The military science (ROTC) program is also included in this department.
The following undergraduate awards were presented:
Outstanding Graduate in Criminal Justice
- Jacob Smith from Winona, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in Government
- Michael Tofte from Carlinville, Illinois
Outstanding Graduate in Psychology
- Andreas Moeller from Hebo, Oregon
Outstanding Graduate in Social Science Education
- Zach Mann from Longview, Washington
Outstanding Graduate in Social Work
- Jayme Monnier from Republic, Missouri
Outstanding Research Graduates in Psychology
- Cassandra Hamm from Fenton, Missouri
- Kaitlin Schauer from Nixa, Missouri
The Ryan Parke Hartje Award for Outstanding Students in the Behavioral Sciences
- Kirstin Tally from Orlando, Florida
The Kendrick-Karmarkovic-Holsinger Award for Outstanding Achievement in Social Science
- Jon Spence from Nixa, Missouri
The Class of 2019
Evangel University and its seminary saw 511 degrees conferred this spring at the joint graduation ceremony May 5, 2019.
The 61st Annual Commencement for Evangel and the 46th Annual Commencement for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary were held concurrently in the James River Church auditorium in Ozark, Missouri. The two schools were consolidated in 2013 and combined their graduations in 2018.
More than 4,000 family and friends from around the world gathered on Friday to celebrate the students.
There were 511 graduates earning 32 doctoral, 105 master’s, 323 bachelor’s and 51 associate’s degrees. The majority of the AA’s were from Evangel’s James River College campus.
The speaker was Dr. Greg Mundis, a 1999 Evangel graduate, “missionary kid,” and orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine deformity surgery. Mundis regularly performs spinal surgeries overseas, making it possible for children to have access to surgical procedures that are largely not available in their home countries.
The pre-graduation story is on the Evangel University website and has a feature on Mundis and his life of service to the needy.
Evangel University, which includes AGTS, is a comprehensive Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the church and society globally. Evangel serves more than 2,100 students from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries, offering 65 undergraduate majors and 19 master’s and doctoral degrees.
GRADUATION AWARDS FROM EVANGEL UNIVERSITY by DEPARTMENT
• The College of Adult & Graduate Studies — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/adult-graduate-studies-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Behavioral & Social Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/behavioral-social-sciences-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Business Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/business-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Communication Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/communication-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Education Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/education-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Humanities Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/humanities-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Kinesiology Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/kinesiology-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Music Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/music-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Natural & Applied Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/natural-applied-sciences-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Theology & Global Church Ministries Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/theology-global-church-ministries-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/