SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Department of Humanities at Evangel University has announced its 2019 graduation awards. The awards were given during the Baccalaureate service Thursday, May 2, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The Department focuses on majors in art, literature, languages and theatre.
Students gain hands-on experience through the varied activities sponsored by Humanities, including theatre productions, a student art gallery, the Epiphany fine-arts magazine, coffeehouse poetry readings, The Write Place lab and a variety of Artist Series events.
The following undergraduate awards were presented:
Outstanding Graduate in Studio Art
- Elizabeth Ashley Wilson from Springfield, Missouri
Outstanding Graduate in English
- James Heil from Alton, Illinois
Outstanding Graduate in English Education
- Noah Murrish from Kearney, Nebraska
Outstanding Graduate in Spanish Education
- Cassidy Claiborn from Springfield, Missouri
Robert J. Greef Award – Missouri Association of Teachers of English
- Noah Murrish from Kearney, Nebraska
The Class of 2019
Evangel University and its seminary saw 511 degrees conferred this spring at the joint graduation ceremony May 5, 2019.
The 61st Annual Commencement for Evangel and the 46th Annual Commencement for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary were held concurrently in the James River Church auditorium in Ozark, Missouri. The two schools were consolidated in 2013 and combined their graduations in 2018.
More than 4,000 family and friends from around the world gathered on Friday to celebrate the students.
There were 511 graduates earning 32 doctoral, 105 master’s, 323 bachelor’s and 51 associate’s degrees. The majority of the AA’s were from Evangel’s James River College campus.
The speaker was Dr. Greg Mundis, a 1999 Evangel graduate, “missionary kid,” and orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine deformity surgery. Mundis regularly performs spinal surgeries overseas, making it possible for children to have access to surgical procedures that are largely not available in their home countries.
The pre-graduation story is on the Evangel University website and has a feature on Mundis and his life of service to the needy.
Evangel University, which includes AGTS, is a comprehensive Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the church and society globally. Evangel serves more than 2,100 students from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries, offering 65 undergraduate majors and 19 master’s and doctoral degrees.
GRADUATION AWARDS FROM EVANGEL UNIVERSITY by DEPARTMENT
• The College of Adult & Graduate Studies — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/adult-graduate-studies-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Behavioral & Social Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/behavioral-social-sciences-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Business Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/business-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Communication Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/communication-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Education Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/education-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Humanities Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/humanities-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Kinesiology Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/kinesiology-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Music Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/music-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Natural & Applied Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/natural-applied-sciences-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/
• The Theology & Global Church Ministries Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/theology-global-church-ministries-department-2019-eu-graduation-awards/