As part of Evangel University’s annual Homecoming weekend, the school is hosting the first ever Evangel University Car Show & Cruise on Saturday morning, Oct. 20. The goal is to raise funds for scholarships for deserving students.
The registration is $30 and includes coffee & pastries, a goodie bag, prize drawings, a very cool T-shirt (with advanced registration), and for the end of the Cruise, two tickets to Evangel’s Homecoming Football Game.
Registration is open to everyone, and all Ozarks area enthusiasts are invited to enter and attend. Admission for the viewing public is free.
Our cars were meant to be driven!
“We will enjoy each other’s cars over coffee in the morning, then take a cruise east of town on old Route 66,” said Paul K. Logsdon, director of public relations for Evangel. “About an hour later we will end up at Ozark High School for Evangel’s Homecoming tailgate party and football game.”
The event is open to everyone with an interesting car, truck or motorcycle — including classics, muscle cars, exotics, customs, hot rods, rat rods and barn finds.
• The car show will take place from 8-11 a.m., with vehicles displayed in front of the Evangel campus, facing 1111 N. Glenstone Ave. Awards will be presented prior to the cruise.
• The cruise will then run from 11-12 noon — participants will drive together through the countryside starting east of Springfield on old Route 66 (Division) and then south to Ozark.
All Car Show & Cruise entrants will receive special parking at Ozark High School and two tickets to the Homecoming game. Individual photos will be taken crossing the old iron bridge in Ozark, as a memento of the day.
“The intent of the car show is to raise scholarship funds to help students at Evangel experience a first-class education,” said Hector Cruz, director of alumni engagement. “We are excited to connect alumni from near and far with our local community in this fun and unique way.”
Logsdon added, “Many of our alumni have fond memories as students of cruising Kearney, the Steak ’n Shake car shows, and taking dates for a drive to Fellows Lake. This is one more way to revive those good memories.”
Advance registration is encouraged: https://www.evangel.edu/homecoming/carshow/
Evangel is hosting a wide array of events for the 2018 Homecoming weekend, beginning with a Jazz Orchestra Concert featuring music legend Jay Daversa and album release party on Thursday, Oct. 18 and ending with a Homecoming Banquet on Saturday evening, Oct. 20.
More than 700 alumni and friends are expected to register for Homecoming this year according to Cruz.
EU CAR SHOW & CRUISE SCHEDULE
• 8:00 a.m. — Check-in/registration at Evangel University (NOTE — changed from 7 a.m.)
(Includes coffee & pastries, goodie bag, prizes, T-shirt & more!)
• 8:00 a.m. — Car show and activities
(Rain or Shine)
• 11:00 a.m. — Cruise Route 66 and the backroads to Ozark, Mo.
(Reserved parking at Ozark H.S.)
• 12:00 p.m. — Evangel’s Football Tailgate Party at Ozark High School
(Food may be purchased onsite)
• 1:00 p.m. — Homecoming 2018 Football Game — Evangel vs. MidAmerica Nazarene
(Two tickets included — stay if you can)
- Within minutes of this release, the Springfield News-Leader used our photo and wrote a story about cars shows being held at EU and across town at the community college. https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/now/2018/10/12/otc-evangel-host-car-shows-benefit-students/1613986002/