SPRINGFIELD, Missouri – Evangel University’s Music Department will present several musical performances this month. All concerts are free, and the public is invited to attend.
Events include the following:
- University Band Concert: Tuesday, Nov. 7 from 7:30-9 p.m. in the Barnett Recital Hall
- Jazz Combo and Jazz Band Concert: Thursday, Nov. 9 from 7:30-9 p.m. in the Barnett Recital Hall
- University Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, Nov. 14 from 7:30-9 p.m. in Spence Chapel
- Choral Concert: Thursday, Nov. 16 from 7:30-9 p.m. in the Barnett Recital Hall
The University Band, Jazz Combo, and Jazz Band Concerts will be directed by Mr. Justin Stanton, director of bands.
The University Orchestra Concert will be directed by Dr. Larry Dissmore, director of orchestra activities and professor of music.
The EU Choral Concert will feature the University Chorus, University Chorale, Men’s Vocal Ensemble, Women’s Chamber Ensemble, and student-led a capella ensemble Voices of EU. The University Chorus is under the direction of Dr. Kevin Hawkins, music education program coordinator, and the University Chorale and men’s and women’s ensembles are under the direction of Dr. Tom Matrone, chair of Evangel’s Music Department and director of choral activities.
The Department of Music
The Department of Music at Evangel University offers degrees in Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Music: Recording Technology, and Music: Worship Leadership. Each program is carefully designed to ensure that students build strong musical skills, gain professional training, and experience a wide range of musical activities.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music
Evangel University, with its embedded Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS), is a comprehensive Spirit-led Christian university located in Springfield, Missouri. It is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Under the leadership of Dr. Mike Rakes, EU is committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the Church and society globally and becoming compassionate innovators in their chosen vocations. EU offers more than 70 degree programs, including cutting-edge majors, pre-professional programs, and affordable and flexible online degree options.
EU is highly regarded and has been ranked:
- #1 Best College in Springfield & #2 Best Christian College in Missouri by Niche
- US News & World Report Best Colleges Top Performer in Social Mobility
- Colleges of Distinction Best Christian University
- Top 10 Best Universities by AcademicInfluence.com
- Third Most Beautiful Campus in the Midwest by Christian Colleges & Universities
- Top 10 Best Colleges in Missouri by BestColleges.com
With additional accreditations in business, counseling, music, social work, and theology and certification as an Excellence in Giving university, EU is focused on providing students with hands-on experience and real-world training for today’s professional careers. Learn more about the university at evangel.edu.