SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Department of Education at Evangel University has announced its graduation awards for 2012.
The awards were given during the baccalaureate service on Thursday, May 3, in Evangel’s chapel auditorium.
The following Department of Education awards were presented:
- Outstanding Graduate in Early Childhood Education—Meghan L. Talarico from Mansfield, MO
- Academic Excellence in Early Childhood Education—Mallory J. Morton from Portageville, MO
- Outstanding Graduate in Elementary Education—Jamie L. Miller from Mattoon, IL
- Academic Excellence in Elementary Education—Kathryn L. Smith from Claremore, OK
- Outstanding Graduate in Middle School Education—Natalie M. Schaaf from Grand Island, NE
- Outstanding Graduate in Special Education—Rachel J. McGinnis from Toledo, OH
- Academic Excellence in Special Education—Matthew G. Green from Elberton, GA
Evangel’s 54th annual commencement ceremony was held on Friday, May 4, at James River Assembly of God in Ozark, Mo. Of those graduating, 87 received master’s degrees.