We recognize the financial impact on students and families during this unprecedented time; therefore, we are crediting room and meal plan charges for students leaving campus and completely vacating housing at the request of the university. We will utilize the following process in terms of issuing credits and refunds to students.
Room and Board Credits FAQ
How were room and board credits calculated?
- All residence hall and meal plan credits are being pro-rated based on a start date of March 23, 2020 or, for students who occupied their rooms after Spring Break, the date the student actually vacated their residence.
- (Note: The proration period start date has nothing to do with the student’s official move out date; it is tied only to the date on or after March 23 that a student stopped residing overnight in their residence hall. All students still have until May 31 to move out.)
- Room and board fees paid for by an institutional scholarship (whether in full or in part) will not be refunded. Refunds only apply to actual out-of-pocket amounts paid by the student for room and board, or room and board amounts covered by Parent PLUS loans.
How will credits be processed?
- Residence hall and meal plan credit amounts will be applied as credits to a student’s account. These credits will appear on the student portal “My Money” tab on May 1, 2020, and on your May statement.
- Credit amounts will first be applied against any outstanding balance on the student account.
- Any remaining credit amount after applying against the outstanding balance will be considered a “net credit amount” and will be applied as follows:
- For students attending summer classes, it will be applied toward your summer tuition.
- For returning students the net credit amount will carry forward to fall and be applied toward your fall tuition, room and board or other expenses,
- For graduating seniors we will refund the net credit amount, but please complete the check refund request form so we send the check to the correct address.
- For certain individuals that received a Parent Plus loan, your net credit amount will be refunded automatically by check and mailed to the address on the PLUS loan application. By federal regulation a notification will be sent to the student’s EU email address when the refund is mailed.
- As another option for the net credit amount, the net credit amount can be applied as a donation to the Evangel COVID-19 Impact Fund Please send an email here if you would like to take this option. You can find more information about the campaign here.
What is the refund process?
- If you are a graduating senior, please complete the check refund request form so we send the check to the correct address.Please allow three weeks to process.
- If you are a non-returning student and want to request a refund, please complete the check refund request form.These refunds will be processed after the fall drop/add date.
What happens to my Crusader Bucks and Meal Block Plans?
- For graduating seniors, any unused portion of your Crusader Bucks or meal block plan will be included in your net credit amount and be refunded to you.
- For returning students, your unused portion of your Crusader Bucks or meal block plans will be carried forward to the fall semester.
How can I reach out to if I have more questions about the credit adjustment?
We are committed to doing everything possible to assist our students and their families at all times, but especially in this unique crisis. If you need further assistance, please contact Bursar@evangel.edu.
April 30, 2020