SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — The College of Adult and Graduate Studies at Evangel University has announced its 2020 graduation awards. Due to COVID-19 and the cancellation of campus events, Evangel’s Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies have been postponed until mid-August. The awards will be mailed by the department.
“This year, 132 students will earn degrees within the three categories of adult learners — doctoral, masters and adult studies (degree completion) students,” said Dr. Lisa Tyson, dean of the College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
“Evangel offers a variety degrees for adults, each integrating faith and scholarly exploration to equip professionals to be servant leaders.”
Seven students have earned their Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction (Ed.D) and will be hooded in August.
The ceremony will also include the hooding of 61 students earning their master’s degrees in behavioral sciences, education and organizational leadership.
Evangel is pleased to recognize the achievement for 64 students earning bachelor’s degrees in the Adult Studies program.
Adult Studies feature accelerated curriculum designed for working adults, allowing them to finish their degree in a flexible format that fits their career or family obligations.
Bachelor’s degree awards
Awards of Distinction
- Kevin Bollinger from Springfield, Missouri
- James Phillips from Harrison, Arkansas
Awards of Excellence
Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health
- Melody Ball from Nixa, Missouri
- Malinda Yoast from Springfield, Missouri
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Nicholas Hulm from Ozark, Missouri
- Shay Medley from Springfield, Missouri
- James Lewis from Republic, Missouri
Bachelor of Science in Church Ministries
- Michael Joanitis from Los Angeles, California
- Patricia MacAnUltaigh from Marshfield, Missouri
The Class of 2020
A survey of more than 500 spring graduates of Evangel University and its seminary showed that 84% preferred to have a traditional Commencement and have it postponed until later in the summer.
• The 62nd Annual Commencement for Evangel will be held Saturday, August 15, at 9:30 a.m. in the Central Assembly auditorium, 1301 N. Boonville in Springfield, Missouri.
• The 47th Annual Commencement for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary of Evangel will take place as a part of the same ceremony. The two schools were consolidated in 2013 and combined their graduations in 2018.
Emmy Award winning journalist Steve Grant will be the Commencement speaker. Grant is a 1976 Evangel graduate and a highly-regarded news anchor at KY3, the NBC affiliate for the Springfield metro area. In addition, he currently serves as president of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Mid-America Chapter.
The Commencement 2020 ceremony will be live-streamed at https://www.evangel.edu/commencement/
For additional details on Evangel’s three Baccalaureate & Awards Ceremonies, and on Steve Grant’s life of service, see a feature story on the EU website.
Evangel University, which includes AGTS, is a comprehensive Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the church and society globally. Evangel serves more than 2,300 students from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries, offering 65 undergraduate majors and 19 master’s and doctoral degrees.
2020 GRADUATION AWARDS FROM EVANGEL UNIVERSITY by DEPARTMENT
- The College of Adult & Graduate Studies — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/adult-graduate-studies-2020-awards/
- The Behavioral & Social Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/behavioral-social-sciences-2020-awards/
- The Business Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/business-2020-awards/
- The Communication Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/communication-2020-awards/
- The Education Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/education-2020-awards/
- The Humanities Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/humanities-2020-awards/
- The Kinesiology Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/kinesiology-2020-awards/
- The Music Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/music-2020-awards/
- The Natural & Applied Sciences Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/natural-applied-sciences-2020-awards/
- The Theology & Global Church Ministries Department — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/theology-2020-awards/
- The Assemblies of God Theological Seminary — https://www.evangel.edu/press_releases/agts-2020-awards/