SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Department of Natural & Applied Sciences has announced its 2016 graduation awards.
The awards were given during the baccalaureate service on Thursday, May 5, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The following awards were presented:
- Outstanding Graduate in Science and Technology —
~ Maria A. Donnay from Kimball, Minn.
~ Joel Manzi from Mason, Ohio
- Outstanding Graduate in Biological Chemistry —
~ Quinton A. Barnes from Dassel, Minn.
~ Ashlyn N. Edmisten from Wichita, Kan.
- Outstanding Graduates in Biology — Janna Walla from Hales Corners, Wis.
- Outstanding Graduate in Computer Information Systems — William J. Fleming from Springfield, Mo.
- Outstanding Graduate in Computer Science — Todd M. Willhite from Bisbee, Ariz.
- Outstanding Graduate in Environmental Science — Alletha R. Barnett from Greenwood, Ind.
- Outstanding Graduate in Health Care/Nursing — Joy Cole from Steele, Ala.
- Outstanding Graduate in Math — Sarah J. Specter from Cincinnati, Ohio
- Outstanding Graduate in Math Education — Kaitlyn R. Hong from Tinley Park, Ill.
- Outstanding Graduate in Pre-Medicine — Ben J. Moore from Jim Falls, Wis.
Evangel University and its seminary saw a total of 625 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees conferred this spring in two graduation ceremonies.
The 58th annual Commencement ceremony for Evangel was held on Friday, May 6, at the James River Church. More than 4,000 family and friends celebrated 569 graduates earning 424 bachelor’s, 108 master’s and 37 associate’s degrees, 31 of which are from EU’s James River Leadership Campus.
In addition, the 43rd annual Commencement for the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary was held on Saturday, May 7, in the Spence Chapel. There were 55 degrees conferred, of which 37 are master’s and 18 are doctoral degrees.