SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Evangel University will present a Faculty Psalm Arts Recital on Tuesday, March 19, in the Barnett Recital Hall. The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
Jodi Hitzhusen, a 2003 Evangel graduate, will perform as a featured Artist Series guest.
Hitzhusen will perform or assist in the performance of three songs that she composed specifically for this recital:
- How Long Will You Forget Me?, a setting of Psalm 13:1, 5-6
- You Have Searched Me, a setting of selected verses from Psalm 139
- How Wonderful It Is/Hinei MaTov, a choral setting of Psalm 133:1. The EU Choral will be performing this piece.
“This recital features various artistic representations or expressions related to or incorporating Psalm texts,” said Dr. Linda Ligate, professor of music. “Choral and art song expressions are the most numerous, but other artistic expressions such as drama are also represented.”
Other performers include the following:
- Evangel University Chorale, under the direction of Dr. Richard Honea, professor of music
- Susan Smith, associate professor of music
- David Smith, associate professor of humanities
- Dr. Larry Dissmore, professor of music
- Dr. Linda Ligate, professor of music
- Sam Blevins, 2012 Evangel graduate
- Kate Riegler, director of Credo Dance Academy in Springfield
For additional information, contact Dr. Linda Ligate at (417) 865-2815, ext. 7211.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.