SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Evangel University’s Gabrielle Licavoli will perform her senior worship leadership recital on April 7, at 6:30 p.m., in the recital hall of the Barnett Fine Arts Center.
Admission is free and the public is invited to attend. A band of fellow Evangel Students will accompany her.
Licavoli is a member of HeartSong, Evangel’s touring ensemble. She is a student of Dr. Bonnie Jenkins, professor of music and HeartSong director.
“The worship leadership major at Evangel prepares students for a music ministry position, such as choir director, orchestra director or worship music leader,” said Jenkins. “It is also a good track for a student who intends to pursue graduate studies in music.”
The worship recital’s theme is “In Over My Head.”
“We all go through seasons where we feel like we are in over our heads, but we do not need to fear because the Lord is Sovereign over every season we are in,” said Licavoli, who cites the following scripture:
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God.” — Isaiah 43:1-3
- You Make Me Brave, by Amanda Cook — led by: Gabby Licavoli
- No Longer Slaves, by Bethel Music — led by: Jared Statler
- Gracious Tempest, by Hillsong Music — led by: Gabby Licavoli
- Where You Are, by Leeland Mooring — led by: Grady Pence
- In Over My Head, by Jenn Johnson — led by: Gabby Licavoli
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail), by Joel Houston — led by: Danielle Giarratano
- It is Well, by Horatio Stafford, Bridge/Arrangement by Gabby Licavoli — led by: Gabby Licavoli
A native of Long Island, N.Y., she is the daughter of Tom and Maria Giarratano.
The Department of Music at Evangel University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music. Courses and degree plans are designed to satisfy requirements of these accrediting agencies.
For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.
Contributor — Dari’Anne Hudson