Anna Davey and Cara Peyton to perform a joint junior voice recital March 26
March 25, 2013 | Paul K. Logsdon
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. —Evangel University juniors Anna Davey and Cara Peyton will perform a joint voice recital at 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 26, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
Their performance will include the following pieces:
- Pur ti Miro, by Claudio Monteverdi
- La Zingara, by Gaetano Donizetti
- The Green Dog, by Herbert Kingsley
- Les Cloches, by Claude Debussy
- Der Schmied, by Johannes Brahms
- Mon Coeur S’ouvre a ta voix from Samson et Delilah, by Camille Saint-Saens
- Shepherd Thy Demeanor Vary, by Thomas Brown
- American Lullaby, by Gladys Rich
- Funny Girl from Funny Girl, by Jules Styne
- How Could I Ever Know from The Secret Garden, by Lucy Simon
- Willow, Willow from The Ballad of Baby Doe, by Douglas Moore
- Oh, Divine Redeemer, by Charles Gounod
Carol Wilson, area musician, will provide piano accompaniment for the recital.
Davey, a music education major, is the daughter of Kenneth and Kelly Davey of Lewiston, N.Y.
Peyton, also a music education major, is the daughter of Wade and Debbie Peyton of Comanche, Okla.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.