Evangel University music majors Ashley DeVries and Alyson Miller will present a joint senior vocal recital on Friday, Feb. 23, at 7:30 p.m. in the recital hall of EU’s Barnett Fine Arts Center.
The music is a blend of classical, sacred and popular styles. Admission is free and the public is invited to attend. The Fine Arts Center is located on the south side of the Spence Chapel, facing Glenstone Ave.
A 2014 Kickapoo High School graduate, Ashley is the daughter of Kenton and Teresa DeVries of Springfield, Mo.
She has been a member of the Dean’s List every semester and was recently honored to be selected for Pi Kappa Lambda Honor Society. On campus, she has been active with the Evangel University Chorale, Concert Choir and chapel worship teams. At Central Assembly, her home church, she leads the youth worship team and is involved with the main service worship as well.
Ashley is a student of Mrs. Susan Smith and will be accompanied by Dr. Linda Ligate.
Alyson is the daughter of Steve and Sandy Miller of Silex, Mo.
At Evangel, she has been a member of the Dean’s List every semester. She sings with the University Chorale, the Sandbox Worship team, and she is interning at North Point Church in Springfield.
Alyson is a student of Dr. Grace St. Pierre and will be accompanied by Mrs. Carol Wilson.
Both students will earn a Bachelor’s of Music degree in worship leadership this spring.
“The worship leadership major at Evangel prepares students for a music ministry position, such as choir director, orchestra director or worship music leader,” said Tom Matrone, chair of the Department of Music. “It is also a good track for a student who intends to pursue graduate studies in music.”
- La Rondinella Amante – Antonia Vivaldi (1678-1741)
- Neue Liebe – Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Morgen – Richard Strauss (1864-1949)
- Les Cloches – Claude Debussy (1862-1918)Aly
- Ah! Je veux vivre – Charles Gounod (1818-1893)
- Love’s Philosophy – Roger Quilter (1877-1953)
- Art is Calling for Me – Victor Herbert (1859-1924)
- O del mio dolce ador – Christoph Willibald Gluck (1714-1787)
- Vedrai Carino – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Dein Blauses Auge – Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Nuit d’etoiles – Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
- The Nightengale – Clifford Shaw (1911-1976)
- Can’t help lovin’ that man – Jerome Kern (1885-1945)
- O Divine Redeemer – Charles Gounod (1818-1893)
- My Lord and Savior – Tom Fettke (1941-)
The Department of Music at Evangel University offers majors in music education, music performance, recording technology and worship leadership. The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music.
For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.