SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Evangel University business students participated in the Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) statewide competitive events on April 11 at the Expo Center in Springfield.
PBL is the college level division of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). It is a nonprofit education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business and business-related fields.
Students from 15 Missouri colleges competed on Saturday, testing their business knowledge and skills.
Six Evangel students took first, second, or third place in their events and are now eligible to represent Evangel at PBL’s National Leadership Conference in Chicago, Ill., June 24-27.
The top five winners in all categories have the opportunity to win $1,000 per event at this summer’s Phi Beta Lambda national competition.
- Daylea DuVall, senior accounting major from Little Rock, Ark., took first place in Future Business Executive.
- Grace LaPoint, senior marketing major from Chicago, Ill., took first place in both the Integrated Marketing Campaign and Marketing Concepts categories.
- Isaac Shook, senior management major from Pahrump, Nev., took first place in Sales Presentation, second place in Business Decision Making, and third place in Job Interview.
- Chris Harness, senior computer information systems major from Quincy, Ill., took second place in Networking Concepts and third place in Information Systems Management.
- The team of Daylea DuVall, Carissa Morein, and Tabitha Lichtenberg took third place in Business Presentation. Morein is a junior management major from Springfield, Mo., and Lichtenberg is a senior marketing major from Sioux City, Iowa.
Another student, Jordan Keegan from Madison, Conn., took fourth place in Business Law, but did not qualify for nationals.
“These competitions enable our students to have confidence that their Evangel education and experiences are preparing them well for the business world,” said Bernie Dana, business department chair.
At the PBL National Leadership Conference in 2014, Evangel students took 2nd place in Emerging Business Issues and 4th place in Integrated Marketing Campaign.