Memorial for Dr. Robert H. Spence
A public memorial service for Dr. Robert H. Spence will be held in the Robert H. Spence Chapel at Evangel University on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. In addition to being open to the public, the memorial will also be livestreamed through this link.
The events of Sunday, Feb. 23
- 1:30-2:45 p.m. – public visitation with family
- 3 p.m. – memorial service starts
The campus does expect parking and the chapel to fill up quickly. Parking will be available on campus as well as in four locations off the main campus. Those parking areas will be serviced by a shuttle bus, and there will be shelters for people to wait. If you park off campus, please do not cross Glenstone Avenue on foot. Click on the image for a bigger version or click here for a PDF version of the parking map.
There will be reserved seating for family and special guests that will be roped off. All other seating is general admission. Overflow seating, with livestream, will be available in the Barnett Recital Hall and the Crusader Dining Hall.
Flowers and donations
- Cards: Cards to the family may be sent to Evangel University Office of the President at 1111 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65802.
- Emails: Email cards and messages can be sent to the family via email here.
- Donations: In lieu of flowers, the family has requested contributions to the Robert H. Spence Evangel University Memorial Fund. The link: http://evangel.thankyou4caring.org/pages/spence
- Flowers: If you want to send flowers, please have them delivered to Greenlawn Funeral Home East, 3540 E. Seminole, Springfield, MO 65809 by Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.
People unable to attend can watch the service livestreamed here.
Thanks from the Spence family
The family thanks the Evangel and the Springfield communities for its continued prayers, love, and support.