Pursue your calling in ministry
The Preaching Certificate provides exposure to the Homiletical process of developing biblical messages. It is designed for individuals who desire to develop their preaching skills for service in church settings. *Pre-requisite: Old Testament, New Testament
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation
- Homiletics and Church Ceremonies
- Preaching and Biblical Genres
- Advanced Hermeneutics
- Students will understand the basic skills needed to both comprehend and teach from the biblical text.
- Students will understand and apply homiletical skills to develop biblical messages and use tools to develop and conduct church ceremonies (weddings, funerals, and baby dedication).
- Students will examine and apply genre-specific hermeneutical and homiletical principles for the preparation and delivery of biblical messages.
- Students will apply advanced skills in the process of biblical exegesis (interpretation), in order to analyze and interpret the biblical text in its historical-cultural and literary context.
Five week accelerated course format
12 credit hour program
$65 per credit hour
$780 certificate total
All ministry certificates can be completed individually or stacked with credits applied toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Church Ministries.