SPRINGFIELD, Missouri – Evangel University will host the CBC Centennial Celebration on its campus from June 16-18 to commemorate the 100-year legacy of Central Bible College’s founding. Beginning in 1922 and continuing until its consolidation with EU in 2014, CBC trained Assemblies of God ministers and missionaries to take the gospel message around the world.
Notable centennial events include:
- Centennial celebration banquet on Thursday evening, June 16 with Rev. Doug Clay, Assemblies of God general superintendent and CBC alum, and former CBC presidents Dr. Maurice Lednicky and Dr. Gary Denbow
- CBC chapel service on Friday morning, June 17 with Dr. Mike Rakes, Evangel University president and CBC alum, and a Revivaltime Choir reunion performance
- Professional development sessions on Friday, June 17 with former CBC alumni and faculty members, including renowned New Testament scholar Dr. Craig Keener
- Campus missionary fellowship service on Friday evening, June 17 with Dr. Harold Carpenter and Assemblies of God World Missions Director Dr. Greg Mundis
- Alumni breakfast on Saturday, June 18
Registration for the event is $40, and all net proceeds will fund scholarships for the next generation of ministerial leaders.
“For a century, the alumni of Central Bible College have shared the gospel worldwide,” said Evangel University President Dr. Mike Rakes. “From service in the local church to missions globally, the impact of CBC continues throughout the world. It is a pleasure to host these alumni as we celebrate the rich history and legacy of CBC.”
Founded in 1922, Central Bible College was a private Assemblies of God institution of higher education that equipped men and women to be ministers and missionaries around the world before its consolidation with Evangel University in 2014. The men and women who attended the college, along with its faculty and staff, created a rich legacy of Spirit-empowered service that continues today.
Evangel University, with its embedded Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS), is a comprehensive Spirit-led Christian university located in Springfield, Missouri. It is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Under the leadership of Dr. Mike Rakes, EU is committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to serve the Church and society globally and becoming compassionate innovators in their chosen vocations. EU offers more than 70 degree programs, including cutting-edge majors, pre-professional programs, and affordable and flexible online degree options.
EU is highly regarded and has been ranked:
- Colleges of Distinction Best Christian University
- Top 10 Best Universities by AcademicInfluence.com
- Third Most Beautiful Campus in the Midwest by Christian Colleges & Universities
- Top 10 Best Colleges in Missouri by BestColleges.com
With additional accreditations in business, counseling, music, social work, and theology and certification as an Excellence in Giving university, EU is focused on providing students with hands-on experience and real-world training for today’s professional careers.