SPRINGFIELD, MO — The Chamber of Commerce’s monthly breakfast meeting was hosted by Evangel University today, with nearly 250 business, government and other community leaders in the dining hall for “Good Morning Springfield!”
The event was sponsored by Empire Bank & Central Trust.
• LEFT: Evangel’s president, Dr. Carol Taylor, welcomed the community leaders and gave them a brief campus update. The Chamber’s president, Matt Morrow, was the moderator for the day’s activities.
• RIGHT: A few minutes later Dr. Taylor was surprised with a check for $2,500 from the Empire Bank & Central Trust’s president, Russ Marquart. As he presented the check, he requested that the funds be used for scholarships.
• BOTTOM: The panel discussion for today was on small business and entrepreneurship.
In the lobby, we had displays for Evangel’s traditional academic programs, as well as Adult & Graduate Studies and the seminary. The focus, of course, was on our highly respected Business Department.
This was the third time that Evangel University has hosted a “Good Morning Springfield” meeting, and the crowds have grown dramatically.
• June 2005, the meeting was held in The Joust, Evangel’s student union, with about 75 in attendance.
• June 2010, the meeting was held outside, in the center of campus. Food was set up by the clock tower, and the platform was on the back steps of Riggs Administration Building. About 125 were in attendance.