Applying for Outside Scholarships
Scholarship Search Tips
- Include private resources in the search – KFC, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, and Wal-Mart all offer scholarships.
- Research local businesses and state opportunities. Sometimes the best opportunity is right in your neighborhood.
- Be persistent and don’t give up. Applying regularly gives you more of a chance than not applying at all (or waiting for one significant scholarship).
- Carefully read and understand the rules and requirements of the scholarship for which you are applying.
- Stay positive! This is a long-distance marathon, not a sprint. Be creative, be upbeat, and keep working to uncover the right scholarship.
Scholarship Search Engines
- National Scholarship Providers Association (NSPA)
- Nursing Explorer
- The Scholarship Page!
- Careers and Colleges
- The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sallie Mae Scholarship search tool
- College Scholarships
- Guide to Graduating Debt Free
- Guide to College Savings Plans
- Sallie Mae Graduate Scholarships
- My Scholarship Central (Missouri residents only)