Clubs, Organizations, Media, and Ensembles
Getting involved on campus with groups of people you enjoy and supporting causes you believe in is part of what makes college life-changing. Evangel students have over 40 options for on-campus involvement, including student government, ministry, fine arts, culturally diverse clubs, and performing groups.
Our “online home for involvement” is The Hub (thehub.evangel.edu) and its accompanying free CORQ app. Student groups can showcase their missions, rosters, events, photos, etc.
Check out the complete list of official departmental interest groups, culturally-diverse clubs, as well as honor societies below. The faculty sponsor for each organization is also listed.
- Accounting Club – Sandi Ray, Ph.D.
- Apologia – Calvin Pincombe, D.Min.
- Art Group – Mr. Michael Buesking, MFA
- Club de Español – Brenda Adcock, Ph.D.
- Criminal Justice Association – Roger Moore, M.A.
- EU Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) – Jeremy Harris, Ph.D.
- EU Nursing Society – Michael Tenneson, Ph.D.
- EU TESOL Club – Jennifer Morrison, M.A.
- National Association for Music Educators (NAfME) – Kevin Hawkins
- Non-Profit & Social Enterprise Club – Julie Horner
- Psychology Club – Debbie Johnson, Ph.D.
- Pre-Law Society – Rob Bartels, J.D.
- Healthcare Society – Michael Tenneson, Ph.D.
- Social Work Club – Lacey Nunnally, MSW
- Student Investment Group – Derek Schmidly
- Student Missouri State Teacher’s Association (SMSTA) – Peggy Reed, Ed.D.
- Alpha Chi – national honor society, Stephen Houseknecht, M.S.
- Kappa Mu Epsilon – national mathematics honor society, Don Tosh, Ph.D. and Dianne Twigger, M.S.
- Phi Alpha – national social work honor society, Lacey Nunnally, MSW
- Phi Sigma Tau – international philosophy honor society, Brandon Schmidly, Ph.D.
- Pi Gamma Mu – Social Sciences honor society, Rob Bartels, J.D.
- Psi Chi – international psychology honor society, Debbie Johnson, Ph.D.
- Sigma Alpha Sigma – campus honor society, Christine Flores, M.S.W.
- Sigma Tau Delta – international English honor society, Diane Awbrey, Ph.D.
- Sigma Zeta – national science and mathematics honor society, Natasha DeVore, Ph.D.
- Society for Collegiate Journalists (national) – Melinda Booze, M.A.
- Theta Alpha chapter of Phi Epsilon Kappa – national kinesiology honor society, Kevin King, Ph.D.
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) –Heather Kelly, Psy.D.
- College Democrats – Becky Rhoades, M.A.
- College Republicans – Robert Bartels, J.D.
- CROSSwalk – Rev. Starla Gooch, M.Div.
- ENACTUS – Sandy Cassell, MBA
- Evangel Outdoor Club – Jonathan LeCureuax, Ph.D.
- Evangel Student Government Association (ESGA)
- Activities Board (AB) – Miss Christy Rowden, M.S.
- Class Councils – Miss Christy Rowden (FR/SO) and Jennifer Pulley, MOL (JR/SR)
- Senate – Rob Bartels, J.D. and Mr. Stephen Houseknecht, M.S.
- Evangel Student Veteran’s Association (ESVA) – Chaplain CPT Shawn Moreland
Culturally Diverse Clubs
- For the Culture – Ramsey Jeanty
- Island Crusaders – Rev. Larry Anoai
- Tele Mu Kappa – Gina Rentschler
- World Changers Mission Fellowship – Rev. Wendy M. Brown
Interested in print, TV, film or radio? Evangel’s student media is the best place for you to get your start. EU students are involved with a number of professional-quality, student-run media outlets, including TV, radio, web and print.
For ways to get involved with student media at Evangel, consider the great options below:
- Crusadermedia.com – Chip Stanek, Ph.D.
- EUTV – television station, Cameron Pace, Ph.D.
- Epiphany – fine arts magazine, Nathan Nelson, Ph.D.
- EU Films – Cameron Pace, Ph.D.
- Excalibur – yearbook, Nancy Pace-Miller, M.A.
- Intercollegiate Forensics – Mark Kelton, Ed.D.
- KECC – radio station, Joe Mason
- Lance – newspaper, Melinda Booze, M.A.
Productions, Musical Ensembles & Concerts
As a liberal arts school, Evangel believes the arts are crucial. With several diverse musical ensembles and numerous students practicing and performing recitals, music can always be heard around campus.
- Marching Band
- University Chorale
- University Chorus
- University Orchestra
- Pep Band
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Orchestra
- Brass Quintet
In addition, the theatre program presents theatrical productions each semester in the Barnett Fine Arts Theatre. Selections range from timeless comedies, dramas, and musicals to modern twists on the classics.
No matter which artistic outlet you prefer, there are a host of opportunities to both perform or be entertained.
Christy Rowden serves as the Director of Student Activities and oversees Clubs & Organizations, providing resources and training to advisers and officers.