Clubs, Organizations, Media, and Ensembles
Getting involved on campus with groups of people you enjoy and supporting causes you believe in is part of what makes college life-changing. Evangel students have over 40 options for on-campus involvement, including student government, ministry, fine arts, culturally diverse clubs, and performing groups.
Our “online home for involvement” is The Hub (thehub.evangel.edu) and its accompanying free CORQ app. Student groups can showcase their missions, rosters, events, photos, etc.
Check out the complete list of official departmental clubs, honor societies, interest groups, and student media outlets below.
Departmental Clubs (12)
- Art Group – Mr. Michael Buesking
- Cinema Club – Dr. Chip Stanek
- Criminal Justice Club (Spring 2022) – Mr. Roger Moore
- EU Nursing Society – Dr. Erica Harris
- EU TESOL Club – Dr. Jennifer Morrison
- National Association for Music Educators (NAfME) – Dr. Kevin Hawkins
- Non-Profit & Social Enterprise Club – Dr. Robert Bartels
- Pre-Law Society – Courtney Hayes, J.D.
- Healthcare Society – Dr. Michael Tenneson
- Social Work Club – Mrs. Lacey Nunnally
- Student Missouri State Teacher’s Association (SMSTA) – Drs. Vickie Wisdom and Chanda Clayman
- World Changers Mission Fellowship – Mary Jane Kendrick, Missionary in Residence
Honor Societies (9)
- Alpha Psi Omega – Theatre Honor Society, Dr. Vickie Wisdom
- Kappa Mu Epsilon – national mathematics honor society, Prof. Dianne Twigger
- Phi Alpha – national social work honor society, Dr. Lisa Street
- Psi Chi – international psychology honor society, Dr. Debbie Johnson
- Sigma Alpha Sigma – EU campus honor society, Mr. Jared Chatfield
- Sigma Zeta – national science and mathematics honor society, Mrs. Julie Mayne
- Society for Collegiate Journalists (national) – Ms. Melinda Booze
- Theta Alpha chapter of Phi Epsilon Kappa – national kinesiology honor society, Dr. Kevin King
- Alpha Epsilon chapter of Theta Alpha Kappa – national religious studies & theology honor society – Dr. Meghan Musy
Interest Groups (11)
- Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) – Dr. Heather Kelly
- College Republicans – Dr. Rob Bartels
- CROSSwalk – (Campus Pastor)
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) – Mrs. Sandy Cassell
- Evangel Creators Club – Dr. Chip Stanek
- Evangel Student Government Association (ESGA)
- Activities Board – Miss Christy Rowden
- Senate – Dr. Rob Bartels
- Class Councils – Miss Christy Rowden
- Evangel Student Veteran’s Association – Chaplain CPT Shawn Moreland
- Students for Sustainability – Dr. Martin Mittelstadt
- Evangel chapter of Turning Point USA – Rev. Alex Bryant
Student Media (8)
- Crusadermedia.com – Dr. Chip Stanek
- EUTV – television station, Dr. Cameron Pace
- Epiphany – fine arts magazine, LaDonna Friesen
- EU Films – Dr. Cameron Pace
- Excalibur – yearbook, Mrs. Nancy Pace-Miller
- Intercollegiate Forensics – Dr. Mark Kelton
- KECC – radio station, Mr. Austin Twigg
- Lance – newspaper, Ms. Melinda Booze
Productions, Musical Ensembles & Concerts
As a liberal arts school, Evangel believes the arts are crucial. With several diverse musical ensembles and numerous students practicing and performing recitals, music can always be heard around campus.
- Marching Band
- University Chorale
- University Chorus
- University Orchestra
- Pep Band
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Orchestra
- Brass Quintet
In addition, the theatre program presents theatrical productions each semester in the Barnett Fine Arts Theatre. Selections range from timeless comedies, dramas, and musicals to modern twists on the classics.
No matter which artistic outlet you prefer, there are a host of opportunities to both perform or be entertained.
Christy Rowden serves as the Director of Student Activities and oversees Clubs & Organizations, providing resources and training to advisers and officers.