be_ixf;ym_202404 d_13; ct_50

ROTC Enrollment Options

ROTC Enrollment Options

We align students with the appropriate Military Science course based on their expected graduation date. Most freshmen will align with the 100-level course, sophomores with the 200-level course and so forth.

Enrollment in any class above a 100-level class requires permission. This is to ensure students are properly aligned and understand the best path forward before moving too far ahead.

Students with less than four semesters remaining who have missed the opportunity to enter the Advanced Course may also complete the Advanced Course as part of their graduate degree.

For a personalized plan contact the ROTC Scholarship and Enrollment Officer.


Students who meet the eligibility requirements and align with a 200 or 300-level class may choose to “contract” when ready. Contracting is exactly what it sounds like. You are making a contractual agreement and obligation to complete your degree and commission as an Army Officer when you graduate from college.

Students begin receiving benefits once they are “contracted”.  All contracted students receive a $420 per month living allowance for each school year.

Eligibility Requirements for Contracting:

  • Must be a US Citizen
  • Must be a full-time student in good standing
  • Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA (2.5 for scholarships)
  • Must pass a medical exam
  • Must pass physical fitness standards
  • Additional eligibility requirements may apply

Army ROTC Scholarships

Scholarships are available for both college-bound high school students and current college students.

  • Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need.
  • High school seniors can apply for an Army ROTC scholarship at\rotc.
  • Current college students should contact their local ROTC Scholarship and Enrollment Officer.
  • Two, three, and four-year scholarships are available based on the time remaining to complete your degree.

Scholarships pay either:

  • Full tuition and fees or a flat-rate $5,000 per semester toward housing.
  • Scholarships also include a $1,200 annual allowance for books.

Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)

Students who are currently serving or wish to serve in the US Army Reserve (USAR) or Army National Guard (ARNG) may continue to fulfill their service obligation while in ROTC as part of the SMP agreement.

Students who contract with ROTC under the SMP agreement will get paid at the E5 rate for drill.

To learn more about ROTC, click the following links:

Cadet life at Evangel University

Officer career opportunities

Contact an enrollment officer