Admiral Vern Clark Veteran’s Center
The Veteran’s Center is located in the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, on the north side of the Evangel Campus. The Veteran’s Center is a welcoming place to enjoy a free cup of coffee, socialize with other veterans and dependents, eat lunch, and share war stories. Also located in the Veteran’s Center is the office of the Veteran’s Center Coordinator Dane Moore. Here, you can ask questions about your GI Bill benefits or get contact information for VA benefit issues. The Vern Clark Veteran’s Center is here to serve you.
Evangel University and the Admiral Vern Clark Veteran’s Center are committed to eight keys to veteran success. These eight keys are:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.