Thank you for your interest in pursuing your master’s or doctoral work at EU! Our programs are designed to give you the critical knowledge and experience you’ll need to help you advance in your chosen field. Our faculty mentors bring a strong understanding of relevant theory and concepts, as well as years of practical experience to the classroom. You’ll thrive under their guidance and enjoy the comradery of your peers as you journey through the program together. Admission requirements are listed below.
All Master’s Degree Programs
- Hold an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work or last two years as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
Other requirements are listed below by program area.
Master of Science in School Counseling
Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- In lieu of a minimum 3.0 GPA requirement, applicants may submit GRE scores (minimum of 290 combined and writing score of 3.0)
- 6 credit hours of psychology with grades of B- or better
- APA writing sample
- Statement of purpose
- Three references
- Updated resume
- Background check
- Enrollment deposit of $200 due within 30 days of admission (non-refundable)
Graduate faculty review completed applications and invite eligible applicants for an admission interview. The graduate faculty base admission decisions on the strength of the application packet (GPA, references, writing sample, and statement of purpose) and interview. Application deadline is the first Friday in April. Depending on space availability, late applications will be considered.
Master of Organizational Leadership
- Have a desire to develop synergy to propel people and ideas forward.
- Have an agreement with an organization to study in depth for program projects.
- Have professional recommendations to support academic abilities, program success, and applicant’s integrity.
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Master of Education in Literacy
- All transcripts
- Personal essay
- Current resume
- Official Praxis, Missouri Content Assessment, GRE, or TOEFL test scores
Please fill out a Non-degree Seeking application to attend micro-programs for transcripted credits. When filling out the application, please make the following selections:
- Select “Graduate Studies” when asked “Which program are you applying for?”
- Select “Fall 2019” when asked for term.
- Select “Non-degree Seeking” when asked “What type of student will you be?”
- Select “Education Micro Courses” when asked “Are you intending on participating in any of our special offerings?”
- Complete the application.
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership, Curriculum & Instruction
- Hold an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better in their master’s program coursework.
- Provide official results of required entrance examinations.
Doctor of Strategic Leadership
- Strategic leaders inform their strategy with field specific statistical and numerical models to appraise current practice within a field or setting
- Seven week courses are offered sequentially and online with a residency every fall
- Program Start Date: Fall