be_ixf;ym_202407 d_21; ct_100

Federal Financial Aid

Applying for Federal Aid

Applying for federal financial aid begins with filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

You will need to add a School Code when completing your FAFSA. This is assigned by the federal government as a unique identifier for each school. The Evangel University FAFSA code is 002463.

The FAFSA uses a formula to determine how much aid you can receive based on your annual student aid index (SAI). After your EFC has been determined, a financial aid offer will be generated and mailed to you. This offer will list the types and amounts of financial assistance that you have qualified for.

When it comes to the FAFSA, most federal, state and institutional aid is provided on a first come, first served basis. Students are advised to submit a FAFSA as early as possible for consideration for maximum financial assistance.

EARLY FAFSA FILING – You can file as early as October 1. Students and parents, as appropriate, will be required to report income and tax information from an earlier tax year.

FAFSA Filing Instructions

Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions

You may be selected for verification by the Department of Education. Verification is a process to confirm information you provided on the FAFSA. The Office of Financial Aid will provide you with a list of required documents of proof for both the parents and student. Submit the requested documents promptly to avoid delays in receipt of your financial aid.

See full list of Verification Forms

Your Financial Aid Offer

Frequently Asked Questions

A financial aid offer provides information on the aid that the student is eligible for in the upcoming academic year. It lists the scholarships, awards, grants and federal loans that the student has been offered. Financial aid offers are issued by financial aid professionals to help students determine how they will cover the costs of attending college. Financial aid offers are mailed out once the FAFSA has been received and processed by the Office of Financial Aid. The information is also available to view on the student’s “My Financial Aid” page. To access this page, select “My Financial Aid” from the student portal – Money tab. If the financial aid that was listed on the offer is not enough to bridge the gap between the personal contribution and the cost of attendance, the student can contact their financial aid counselor for information about other financial aid options.